Forums

Help › Forums

Let's talk about it!!

Fri, Jun 3 2022 7:04 PM (60 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 12:29 PM

Yiannis1970:

Why can't we have a live stream with the Technical Support team or the rest of the Technical staff involved in the game to understand better what can and can't be done on this ''new'' platform.

It will be a discussion concerning all the issues we deal in daily basis.

Yiannis, to add on to my earlier reply.  I still believe this is an excellent idea, but in the meantime... have you gone onto WGT's new Discord server yet?

Discord! WGT now has an official Discord

WGT has a text channel there called #wgt-suggestions where a lot of players have been asking questions and making some great suggestions (many of which we've already seen here in the Forums).  So far, the WGT employees running the server (including Nico and Champion) have been very good at responding to the questions and suggestions made.  So, even though it's not the live stream you're requesting, it still meets the need, I think.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 2:35 PM

Thank you for the suggestion Sam, i appreciate it, however i don't believe it's a matter of platform but more like a matter of will. So, to make it short, no, i don't believe they will respond if i post the same question in discord. They read everything here as well too...and they respond to those who like. What they don't like, they just ignore it like this thread.

PS

On the other hand, if by any chance they respond on discord to the usual questions we have posted million times in here, i am quite sure that you guys who follow discord channel too, you 'll pass the info in here also.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 3:27 PM

Yiannis1970:
    i don't believe it's a matter of platform but more like a matter of will. So, to make it short, no, i don't believe they will respond if i post the same question in discord. They read everything here as well too...and they respond to those who like. What they don't like, they just ignore it like this thread.

That seems realistic to me, why would the same requests get more attention? Maybe they're hoping to get more of the mobile players involved in the chat and see Discord as a way of achieving that. From what I've seen there are more mobile players than you see here.

Yiannis1970:
    On the other hand, if by any chance they respond on discord to the usual questions we have posted million times in here, i am quite sure that you guys who follow discord channel too, you 'll pass the info in here also.

It depends which Discord channel you mean, in the pleb' one we all see it looks like mainly stuff that came with mobile being discussed, turf war/coin games etc.  If you mean this one

nico — Today at 04:22

If you end up getting to the point of competing for money/tournaments in our live series, etour, etc. then there is admittedly special discord for those players but even still my responses and transparency are the same i give here (edited)

then you can maybe you can join and tell us ;-)

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 4:03 PM

Dunno what to tell you cause i don't use discord (except for live series which is mandatory).

I have no idea what different or special channels are either...perhaps Venice's channels?

:)

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 4:42 PM

Yiannis1970:
    i don't believe it's a matter of platform but more like a matter of will. So, to make it short, no, i don't believe they will respond if i post the same question in discord.

DodgyPutter:
    That seems realistic to me, why would the same requests get more attention?

I been checking out the Discord since just before it went "live" for everyone's use. It seems to me that the mods are not only more active, and reply to most people, on any subject, there are more in attendance. You also have the ability to direct a message to a particular mod in live time.

In any event, I personally find it way too busy of a group chat to really feel like I am participating.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 5:54 PM

In any event, I personally find it way too busy of a group chat to really feel like I am participating.

Agree 100%. I see great potential for this, but the lack of user focus and host moderation makes following an idea extremely difficult. Reminds me of the online environment of AOL Chat when it was first introduced (~ 1897 correct?) Give it a copy of weeks and hopefully the environment will balance itself.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 7:14 PM

Cicero733:
    Agree 100%. I see great potential for this, but the lack of user focus and host moderation makes following an idea extremely difficult.

The official WGT Discord server is brand new.  WGT is still learning how to best moderate and organize it, and IMHO they are doing a good job.  I'm sure they will get better at it with each passing day.

HamdenPro:
    It seems to me that the mods are not only more active, and reply to most people, on any subject, there are more in attendance. You also have the ability to direct a message to a particular mod in live time.

Agree 100%

Yiannis1970:

Why would we want to do that, when you can go there yourself and get the information first-hand? 🙄

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 7:17 PM

Cicero733:
    Agree 100%. I see great potential for this,

I will say this; for all the problems not having the "busy red light" when trying to invite people to games, with discord, you can message and chat with friends in real time. I can have discord running in the background while working, playing, etc...if a friend wants to see what I am up to, they can send a message (a DM) and I will get a little alert ping and can read, and respond, even in game.

It is worth checking out, it is just the group chat rooms that are nuts to follow-IMO

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 1:12 AM

SamSpayed:

Yiannis1970:

Why would we want to do that, when you can go there yourself and get the information first-hand? 🙄

Probably you missed the paradox intention of the sentence above. No worries...

Cheers.

RSS