Forums

Help › Forums

What new things do you want to see?

Fri, Feb 23 2024 7:02 AM (175 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 6:39 AM

ct690911:

Reminds me of the GOP  and the lingering influence of a former POTUS.

Its politics in general IMO, people typically prefer having their ego stroked over hearing a truth that hurts...Plus the thought that people seek information that they already agree with.

• Robbo81303
    409 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 7:53 AM

PureGro1:

I actually originally thought you were joking- you have almost 12K ranked rounds, How could you possibly believe what you stated to be true?

Let me ask you this...When you hit a good shot, Do you thank WGT? Or are the good ones all your doing and just the bad ones are because of WGT?

Typical stereotyping.  As a matter of fact, no!

I've one-putted the entire back 9 at Pebble.  Did I think that was all me?  Of course not, putting is usually a bear for me there.  On the other hand, if I miss every putt & end up with a made-putt-distance under 15 ft for 9 holes, well that's obviously not all me, either.  I can go weeks hitting all my approaches pin high, then go weeks where virtually all my shots are 10, 15, 20 yards too long or short with nothing close.  If you look at my score history, you'll see my scores are horrifically inconsistant relative to my peers.  I dream of WGT holding an 'influence-free weekend' just so I can see how much of a player I really am

Its all those reasons, plus the ones mentioned in my original post, plus the assurance of some friends in high places that this does indeed happen lead me to my conclusions.

And, for you Colin, as a matter of fact, it continues to be proven that our former POTUS was, in fact, quite correct in his assertions:  Russian collusion: disproven!  His NY hotel & the White House bugged: quite true!  In 10 years, it probably will be proven that the 2020 election was indeed a sham, too!  If you haven't heard any of this, its probably because your chosen sources of 'information' have vowed to never, EVER, publish anything positive about the guy.  You know, the same ones that labelled your extraordinarily well-behaved protesting truckers as 'thugs', '***', and, of course, the buzzword of the day, 'racists'!!!

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 8:23 AM

"And, for you Colin, as a matter of fact, it continues to be proven that our former POTUS was, in fact, quite correct in his assertions:  Russian collusion: disproven!  His NY hotel & the White House bugged: quite true!  In 10 years, it probably will be proven that the 2020 election was indeed a sham, too!  If you haven't heard any of this, its probably because your chosen sources of 'information' have vowed to never, EVER, publish anything positive about the guy.  You know, the same ones that labelled your extraordinarily well-behaved protesting truckers as 'thugs', '***', and, of course, the buzzword of the day, 'racists'!!!"

Hi Robbo. Very nice to hook up with you again, even if it's just a thread in the forum.

I have no axe to grind with the political class in the USA. We have our fair share of "colourful" characters up here as well. I get most of my US news from CNN because it costs extra (??) for Fox to be included in my cable package. 

I get most of the Cdn news from our state funded broadcaster, CBC. (The taxpayers subsidize this crown corporation to the tune of $1Billion per year).

I think, regardless of what is reported on, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I don't believe the 2020 election was stolen, however other accusations made against da Donald and his advisors have yet to be proven. 

Regardless, it will potentially make for an interesting 2024 election. That said, I will go on the record and state that I believe neither Biden nor Trump will run. Maybe the best scenario for both parties, regardless of how boring it will then become.

cheers, my friend.

ct

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 11:04 AM

1 percentage shown when setting spin.

2 wind direction shown in minutes

Right   now those 2 settings for those of us who use some sort of spread sheet is just a guessing game. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 3:55 PM

WGTNico:
    What are some new features you all want to see come to game.
    My favourite would be some moderator keeping up to the challenge of his quest, whatever the question is.

I'm afraid to say that you, like any of your predecessors, haven't shown any interest in this thread since your OP.

That reminds me to a similar thread in 2012/13, when a lot of users put their hearts to the rails answering a mod's request, only to receive the company's reply, after 100+ proposals, that nothing would change at all.

If anybody may ever have asked when they lost me, this would be the point (approx.)

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 7:50 PM

Robbo81303:
    its probably because your chosen sources of 'information' have vowed to never, EVER, publish anything positive about the guy.

I dunno, I think his obituary would be a very positive publishing.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 2:55 AM

alosso:

I'm afraid to say that you, like any of your predecessors, haven't shown any interest in this thread since your OP.

That reminds me to a similar thread in 2012/13, when a lot of users put their hearts to the rails answering a mod's request, only to receive the company's reply, after 100+ proposals, that nothing would change at all.

If anybody may ever have asked when they lost me, this would be the point (approx.)

I agree, I wonder if you mean this thread although not started by WGT, Icon does ask for the suggestions in the second post.  My memory of it is that Icon did respond occasionally to begin with but any replies from wgt gradually tailed off.

I'd say this is where it finished, on page 58 after 20 months of people posting.

5,835 Posts
    11-08-2014 11:48 PM

alanti:
    I would like to thanks everyone for their input and ideas,

I admire your tenacity, only to end up with it not having anything near the desired result.
    You stuck with it and there are hundreds of great suggestions in this thread.

None of them have come to fruition... the thread is / has/ was being ignored by WGT.

This is evident with all the subsequent updates and features being added that we as a community haven't asked for and paramount issues and features that we have asked for simply not being addressed or planned.

Or in fact, some disjointed version appearing with little or no semblance to what was actually needed.

Well done Alanti. thanks for attempting to try Icon.

Thanks to everyone for their input and 'hope'.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 4:05 AM

alosso:
    If anybody may ever have asked when they lost me, this would be the point

It was also the point when your famous "Hope is futile" was born, I reckon.

What can I say, Dodgy and Alosso... Let's just hope it'll be different this time around. :-/

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 4:49 AM

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 6:29 AM

alosso:

IMO, That is a little unfair...You, I or anyone else has no idea what he may be taking from this thread or not taking. There really would be no reason for Nico or anyone else to interact with us in this thread.

The other part is that- I understand the feeling let down in past and I dont think Hope is a great strategy BUT In the time I have been around WGT, Nico is the most active Mod I have seen both in interacting and answering questions here on the front end.

More has happened/changed due to comments/suggestions in the last 6 months then it has since ive been here.

RSS