Forums

Help › Forums

Tier level

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 1 2022 3:35 PM (7 replies)
  • ThreePuttJoe1
    6 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 2:49 PM

I was recently bumped up to the Legend tier and am only level 92. Why or how this happened is beyond me. Not really wanting to go backwards but but because of the change in T box distance there are some par 4’s that I can’t reach in 2 much less get lucky and reach a par 5 in 2. I even purchased Titleist balls for extra distance and to no avail. Once you are moved up a tier does anyone know if you can you be moved back down to your previous tier? As far as clubs go I can’t even use or get clubs that would help off set the distance until I reach level 102. 

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 3:07 PM

ThreePuttJoe1:
    Once you are moved up a tier does anyone know if you can you be moved back down to your previous tier? As far as clubs go I can’t even use or get clubs that would help off set the distance until I reach level 102. 

There is no going back. Believe me, I tried - LOL

There are clubs available to you (lower than your level 91) that would give you the distance you need.  If you do not want to spend the $$$, there is enhanced apparel, such as the Swing Edge hat and shirt which will give you a boost to driver distance and 3 wood distance, respectively, and I believe the Foxwind will increase hybrid distance. Others will increase iron and wedge distances. You can experiment and see what works best.

I feel your pain. Good luck.

• ThreePuttJoe1
    6 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 7:19 PM

Thank you for the info. I will look into some other clubs I currently use TaylorMade and Callaway. The apparel I have is the basic. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 11:34 PM

ThreePuttJoe1:
    As far as clubs go I can’t even use or get clubs that would help off set the distance until I reach level 102. 
    I'm afraid that you are into a mighty grind then. L102 is at 2.77M XPs, more than quadruple your current status.

But don't worry - many players face the same "fate" as you, and drivers of 270/280 yds serve us well!

Concerning long holes, PIN2 contains an error in that at hole 4, yardage and Par don't match. It should be shorter, or a Par 5 ;)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 2:29 AM

ThreePuttJoe1:
    I was recently bumped up to the Legend tier and am only level 92. Why or how this happened is beyond me

18 Apr
    ThreePuttJoe1 moved up to the Legend tier.
    18 Apr
    ThreePuttJoe1 won the Wk 15 Champion Tournament Crystal Tournament Standing award.
    It looks to me like it was finishing 2nd there that did it, seems a bit strict for winning 176c.
    Your scores around then show nothing that would have caused it, just maxing out par 3's. I suppose it could be something to do with coin games you won at the time but my money would be on the tournament.
    Edit:  This is just a suggestion obviously it's personal preference.   For your coin games at least you could change the focus of your apparel away from getting the maximum number of coins to getting the maximum distance of your driver and 3wd.
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 4:15 AM

DodgyPutter:
    change the focus of your apparel away from getting the maximum number of coins to getting the maximum distance of your driver and 3wd.

I don't play the coin games but do play a lot of alt and I see a lot of players apparel geared towards winning coins and XP. All my apparel is geared toward my driver, 3 wood and putting. I don't care about winning coins or the XP.

• ThreePuttJoe1
    6 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 3:31 PM

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it .👍🏻

• ThreePuttJoe1
    6 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 3:35 PM

Thank you for the feedback. I guess WGT penalizes you for trying to get better. Kinda takes the fun out of playing to a certain degree. I have a few Titleist balls left but after they are gone I don’t see any point in investing more money for balls or equipment and still lose.

RSS