Help › Forums

Alternative Shot unfairness

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 3 2022 4:28 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • elcasey
    13 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 9:53 AM

I don't get how the system matches up 2 68 average players vs 1 68 avg player & a 58 avg player. As a 68 avg player, I know I cant compete against a "Champion" level player, and usually if I see such a player in the line-up (even if he/she are on my team), I know the contest is not going to be fair. Just ridiculous....really p**ses me off!

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 12:04 PM

The alt shot format is meant for socializing. The wins/losses do no affect your average. In addition, playing with more experienced players than yourself, provides you with valuable tips/hints moving forward.

ct

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 12:22 PM

ct690911:
    The alt shot format is meant for socializing. The wins/losses do no affect your average. In addition, playing with more experienced players than yourself, provides you with valuable tips/hints moving forward.

+1 embrace the competition, chance to learn and the thrill of beating players with better stats than yourself.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2022 2:29 PM

elcasey:

I don't get how the system matches up 2 68 average players vs 1 68 avg player & a 58 avg player. 

The system doesn’t match up the players, the host sets up teams.

I also add, you’re 890-585 in AS, doesn’t seem like you’ve had a bad time.

• elcasey
    13 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 10:44 AM

lol it's not about my win rate. I couldn't care less about that, you're the one who brought it up, as if i'm "concerned" about losing. The closer games are, the more fun it is. That's just a fact...and usually if you have even 1 out of 4 of the players who are way better than the other 3, whatever team he's on will win easily. Whoever said that Alt games are about learning doesnt have a clue. Both sides are trying to win (except for a tiny minority of trolls) but if one side is getting thumped, the format loses its appeal.

I'm sure WGT could add an option for a maximum level of opponent, so that a Pro doesn't have to play a Tour Master, or a Master doesnt have to play against a Champion if he so desires.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 3:58 PM

elcasey:
    I'm sure WGT could add an option for a maximum level of opponent, so that a Pro doesn't have to play a Tour Master, or a Master doesnt have to play against a Champion if he so desires

you have that option in filters for setting up or joining a game, at least for PC you do.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 4:28 AM

elcasey:
    lol it's not about my win rate. I couldn't care less about that, you're the one who brought it up, as if i'm "concerned" about losing.

So what are you complaing about then. Play the game and have fun with it.

elcasey:
    The closer games are, the more fun it is.

I agree 100% with this but not all game are close. I have had my share of close game and had my azz handed to be on a platter by lower tiers.
    elcasey:
    Whoever said that Alt games are about learning doesnt have a clue.

LOL here..I have had a few players ask me for tips and I am more than willing to help if they want it. I am not the best player here but think I know what I am doing.
    elcasey:
    Both sides are trying to win

I couldn't care if I win or not...it's all about having fun.

elcasey:
    I'm sure WGT could add an option for a maximum level of opponent,

There is a option for this. When I play I have the setting at Legend and above. By this level you should have some idea on what your doing playing this game and there are a lot less quitters.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 5:00 AM

^^^

As usual, my favorite Maritimer is spot on with his breakdown of the OP's concerns.

+1

ct

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 8:02 AM

callaghan159:

When I play I have the setting at Legend and above. By this level you should have some idea on what your doing playing this game and there are a lot less quitters.

Same here unless I can't find a game.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 5:49 PM

callaghan159:
    elcasey:
    I'm sure WGT could add an option for a maximum level of opponent

There is a option for this. When I play I have the setting at Legend and above. By this level you should have some idea on what your doing playing this game and there are a lot less quitters.

Brian, what you're talking about is setting the MINIMUM PLAYER RANK (eg. Legend) when setting up an AS game.  What elcasey is asking for is the option to set a MAXIMUM PLAYER RANK.

@elcasey - My recommendation would be to just hit the red ❌ next to the player's name, if a player joins your game whose tier is higher than what you want.

• PAGES
RSS