Forums

Help › Forums

Slow loading - Pls help

Tue, May 24 2022 2:00 AM (31 replies)
  • Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2022 7:27 AM

I certainly hope someone can help me

I not a PC guru, but I know the basics. Since a few months back Ive been having very slow loading times at certain times daily, when opening the launcher/ Steam version.When I say slow, it takes more than 5min to open the tournament page, and then I get severe lags when trying to open my notebook in game.

At first I thought it could be the internet, but with 19 Ping, 30 + mbps download and 10+ mbps upload. People told me thats pretty good exp for where I stay. I ruled that out.

Second thing I tried was uninstalling and reinstalling the Launcher and trying to load from Steam. No Luck. Both are bad when its slow

I also cleared my browser history for what thats worth, ran Malwarebytes (no issues), ran CC Cleaner, used CleanMem.

As i say, late at night/ early in the morning its no problem. I click and it goes to the page.

Could it be the WGT servers that's overloaded?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2022 7:56 AM
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2022 9:55 AM

WGT servers are far from perfect. If I go into a coin room with less than 300 players, I can wait several minutes before I get a match. Re-entering the room doesn't seem to help. This wasn't an issue until recently. 

This morning I was 7 minutes into my allotted sponsored time before I swung a club. Two minutes to find a pairing, then 3 timeouts trying to connect, then a message saying this game can't be saved. Didn't look but probably lost my coins too. 

I'm running a rock solid symmetrical fiber optic internet connection. 

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2022 10:05 AM

Thank you for trying to help, but seems not to be the solution.

• Nicozandberg
    717 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 3:11 AM

Not got this right yet. Pls help.

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 8:13 AM

since you're playing on steam, do you by chance have issues with other steam games having slow down times. If that's the case, I'd consider deleting some things you never use on your PC to free up some space.

• HamdenPro
    2,408 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 10:39 AM

Nicozandberg:
    Not got this right yet. Pls help.

When most members lose all Hope, and are looking for some, they try Scott - 

Scott's tips - World Golf Tour (wgt.com)

Sorry NICO, I am sure you are good, but no track record yet, my money is on Scott.

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 11:00 AM

I would also have money on Scott to be fair

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 1:15 PM

I wish I did know but sadly I don't. Maybe something else is using up your bandwidth at the same time.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Apr 29 2022 1:46 PM

From a computer numpty but....Would something like the computer overheating cause this?  Maybe dust inside so starts off cold and heats up, then do you give up for some time when the slow loading happens?  Come back later and it's cooled down again.

RSS