Forums

Help › Forums

Best Ball for the Moiney

Fri, Jun 9 2023 12:34 PM (30 replies)
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2022 3:13 PM

What ball will give me the best bang for my bucks?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2022 3:50 PM

Tresclub:

The starter ball.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2022 4:09 PM

SamSpayed:
    The starter ball.

LOL Good one!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2022 4:39 PM

ask henry , he knowes it all 

OPY

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2022 5:16 PM

Slow meter ball Bridgestone 600 credits

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2022 5:31 PM

TItleist has a wide array of offerings with the level 87 being the favorite. Has very good spin characteristics, but you gotta map your irons again if you use this ball because at FBS you pick up the spin benefits, but lose distance. If you’re mobile, like I am, the TItleist ultraslow is a great ball and smooths out the meter issues frequently experienced by iPad users. TM also has a good selection of balls with the level 93 being a favorite. To quantify “best ball for the money” is dependent upon what your goals all. If you are looking for lower scores, try out the higher end TItleist and TM (those with the higher spin rates) and see what you think. They take some work, but the results are definitely worth it. If these balls are two salty, Callaway and Srixon offer a big step up from starter balls at a more reasonable price point.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2022 7:43 PM

Tresclub:

For Legend tier, I think the best best ball for the money is the TM TP5x Level 81 at 550 credits. 

The meter speed (3.5) is very manageable, and the rest of the ball's characteristics are terrific (distance = 5.0; spin = 4.0). 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 1:51 PM

Robert1893:

For Legend tier, I think the best best ball for the money is the TM TP5x Level 81 at 550 credits. 

The meter speed (3.5) is very manageable, and the rest of the ball's characteristics are terrific (distance = 5.0; spin = 4.0). 

+1

I remember you and I agreed at one point THE absolutely best ball for the money was NIKE XI-X (L71 +) back then with distance 5.0 & spin 4.0, costing only 450 credits a pack! I guess it was too much of a good deal for us, players since WGT removed it for good with no replacement. LOL I should've bought and piled them up even more...

I find Volvik Vivid Balls (L51+) are pretty darn good as well. Probably one of the best value for money things in the pro shop.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 2:20 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I find Volvik Vivid Balls (L51+) are pretty darn good as well. Probably one of the best value for money things in the pro shop.

Simon, I agree.  There are 3 balls that are very comparable to each other - the TaylorMade TP5 (L47), the TaylorMade TP5x (L48), and the Volvik (L51).  Each has a meter speed of 3.0, a durability of 2.5, and cost only 400 credits a sleeve.  The only differences are the distance and spin, which makes it very easy to try out all 3 and see which one works best for your game.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the 3:

Robert1893:

Robert, I agree with you also.  That is an excellent ball for the credits.

I'll also point out another advantage to using that ball.  WGT often gives out the MAX Platinum Vapor Ball (L0+) for free during various promos (eg. for buying credits, Tap In Rewards, etc.).  That ball is almost identical in specs to the TM TP5x Level 81 - but with a slightly slower meter (4.0 vs. 3.5).  So it's an easy transition from the TM L81 TP5x to the Max Platinum if you get some of them for free.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 3:03 PM

Nice comparison, Scott. 👍

RSS