Forums

Help › Forums

Things have changed?

Sat, May 21 2022 6:16 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • viciii3
    766 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2022 1:38 PM

It's been several years since I last played.

I recently played a single player round at a course that was always "free", back in the day.

This time it took a "pass" from me or perhaps my CC? Not sure.

Are there no longer any "free" courses?

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2022 2:21 PM

Passes are only required to play in turf war or clash rounds, otherwise coin room games are free to play. Ready goes and some bracket matches require a good credit entry fee but most weekly tournaments are free to enter. Hope that helps.

• viciii3
    766 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2022 2:33 PM

Then can you tell me why my playing a single player round took a pass?

• Imahacker58
    365 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2022 2:38 PM

viciii3:

Then can you tell me why my playing a single player round took a pass?

I’m not sure, before you tee off it asks if you want to use a pass but check to see if it says “automatically use a pass if available” and turn that off so you only use when you want. And turn off automatically purchase pass too, no point wasting credits,lol.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 2:51 AM

viciii3:
    It's been several years since I last played.

I recently played a single player round at a course that was always "free", back in the day.

This time it took a "pass" from me or perhaps my CC? Not sure.

Are there no longer any "free" courses?

Whistler and Cabo used to be courses with an entry fee but they have been discontinued. Today, all remaining courses are free to play, except in competitions which may call for an entry fee.

The "pass" = Country Club Pass you are talking about is your personal pass, made to give benefits to your CC and you yourself, but, they aren't many (benefits). This one was free, and it replenishes 12 hours after being used.

Be careful though NOT to buy any CC passes (@37 cr) by chance - it's a waste!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 3:07 AM

pdb1:
    "HEADS UP DEAD CC"

. .
    I happened to notice that you are in an ownerless CC . Dead CC . An inactive CC . Without an owner .

Who?

That description fits neither of the two players that you quoted - one is in a very small CC with an active owner, the other is the CC owner themself.

pdb1:
    Because if it were not for that ., Then spending passes in a CC is just a given .
    Not true in my CC - I strongly discourage spending credits on CC passes, and we don't need to use any CC passes.

pdb1:
    If I remember right . Each one of your passes is matched by a CC pass . Toward the CC .
    Close but no cigar. To be precise, there is only one CC pass at a time, belonging to the player, and it gives tiny benefits to both the player and his CC.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 9:05 AM

Go to your settings , and make sure automatic use of passes is turned off. It may be you have been automatically buying passes without realising it .

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 1:06 PM

alosso:
    pdb1:
    If I remember right . Each one of your passes is matched by a CC pass . Toward the CC .
    Close but no cigar. To be precise, there is only one CC pass at a time, belonging to the player, and it gives tiny benefits to both the player and his CC.

When you use a CC pass, it simply gives your CC the same amount of XP that you yourself get from playing that round.  It helps your CC level up, just as all your personal XP helps you level up.

It is not true that using your pass is "matched" in any way by a CC pass.  Perhaps pdb1 is just misremembering.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2022 2:20 PM

SamSpayed:
    When you use a CC pass, it simply gives your CC the same amount of XP that you yourself get from playing that round. 
    Close but...

The personal %% don't ever match the CC %% on the number, except on the (wrong) XP display after the round. A display flaw which has existed for aeons!

SamSpayed:
    It is not true that using your pass is "matched" in any way by a CC pass.  Perhaps pdb1 is just misremembering.
    What I said, and what I thought....

• PAGES
RSS