Forums

Help › Forums

Heartbeats

Mon, Jun 27 2022 3:01 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • okiechuck
    6,317 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2022 5:42 PM

Everyone likes to hit the ball close to the hole. Everyone likes the "heartbeat", the thumping sound and flashing lights before the ball lands on the green. It gives the player hopes of going in but, the ball stops 9.8 feet away, dashing the hopes for the eagle or birdie putt because, with the greens the way they put now-a-days, a 9 foot putt is not assured of going in. I suggest that the 'Heartbeat" be limited to 3 feet from the hole. It's more likely the result will be a positive one. Just my thoughts.

Cheers

• EdwardTLogan
    504 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 4:15 PM

I don't know how easy it would be to program but I think it would be a great idea if the user could select the distance for which they get the heartbeat, or if it could be different for each tier maybe? 10 feet when you first start out and then dial it back in as you progress through the tiers so it is a couple of feet by the time you get to Champ or TC?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2022 5:06 PM

EdwardTLogan:

I don't know how easy it would be to program but I think it would be a great idea if the user could select the distance for which they get the heartbeat, or if it could be different for each tier maybe? 10 feet when you first start out and then dial it back in as you progress through the tiers so it is a couple of feet by the time you get to Champ or TC?

Or, better yet, give us the ability to turn the heartbeat OFF in Settings.  Many of us find the heartbeat to be extremely annoying.

Having said that, WGT has stated that they do not want to give us more Settings, because many of us do not use many of the Settings they have already given us.  I find that to be one of the most moronic statements I've ever heard from them.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 7:06 AM

SamSpayed:
    Many of us find the heartbeat to be extremely annoying.

+1, But more so is the "Watching opponent/teammate" banner and the thing that says Great shot or whatever splashing across the green. 

• yousuft0
    5 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 12:07 PM

I'm not that expert yet to get heart beat at every hole but when it happen I enjoy it. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 4:33 PM

PureGro1:
    +1, But more so is the "Watching opponent/teammate" banner and the thing that says Great shot or whatever splashing across the green. 

I asked WGT about that in their Community Q&A session on Discord last Friday.  Nico said they can't remove it, but they can probably do something to make it smaller and move it out of the way.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 6:33 AM

SamSpayed:

PureGro1:

I asked WGT about that in their Community Q&A session on Discord last Friday.  Nico said they can't remove it, but they can probably do something to make it smaller and move it out of the way.

The answer is not can't but won't.  It's their game and they don't listen to us.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2022 8:46 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with the heartbeat thump. I love it when it's me and I hate it when it's my opponent.  JK! 

It would be nice to tighten that radius. Six feet/two yds on full shots would eliminate 50%+ of annoying thumps.  

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2022 3:24 PM

Duphpherer:
    It would be nice to tighten that radius.

Yup, suffering too many elated then deflated moments. : |

⇩ EDIT : Cryptocurrencies? Nah. I'm old skool, if I can't hold it you ain't sold it, loool. ⇩

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2022 9:20 PM

ScottHope:
    Yup, suffering too many elated then deflated moments. : |

What... You been trading cryptocurrencies lately? 😜 J/K

I agree. It should be within a yard (3 feet) to activate the heartbeat like with wedges.

• PAGES
RSS