Forums

Help › Forums

Aiming

Thu, Jun 2 2022 10:53 AM (5 replies)
  • GAC4151
    458 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2022 7:56 PM

I play on an iPad. When aiming a shot all I had to do was move my pointer and click. Now I have to click on the marker and drags it

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 8:22 AM

GAC4151:

I play on an iPad. When aiming a shot all I had to do was move my pointer and click. Now I have to click on the marker and drags it

Many have reported this issue.  No longer are the days of double tapping  your screen to move the marker.  I am a phone/tablet user and it is tone of the most frustrating part of this game at this point.  Especially when using a shot clock below 45 seconds it is dang near impossible to calculate and aim and swing  

Will WGT do something about this?  Doubtful, but don’t I look like Smails in my new duck bucket hat? Smh

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 8:36 AM

BWerthy:
    Will WGT do something about this?

Im sure they will- But I dont think that WGT removed this ability, Your phone/tablet removed the ability for the double tap to work with this game. I dont think it was intentional either- This is just what happens with updates on a device from time to time and it takes developers/coders awhile to catch up with some of them. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 9:59 AM

PureGro1:
    I dont think that WGT removed this ability, Your phone/tablet removed the ability for the double tap to work with this game.

It's happening with too many people with too many different mobile devices to be that.

In their Discord server, WGTNico said that "it's a feature that is unlikely to return anytime soon" and "it's not a priority for the team to fix as of now" and "I think on our end we didn't fully realize how many actually used that function".

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2022 1:14 PM

Knowing that trying to move the aimer with a double tap from my finger doesn't work on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 9), I tried double tapping with my phone's stylus and it worked. Probably not very helpful but might be of interest to someone.

WGT version 1.77.0.240678

⇩ EDIT : You're welcome BW, cheers.  ; ) ⇩

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Thu, Jun 2 2022 10:53 AM

SamSpayed:

It's happening with too many people with too many different mobile devices to be that.

In their Discord server, WGTNico said that "it's a feature that is unlikely to return anytime soon" and "it's not a priority for the team to fix as of now" and "I think on our end we didn't fully realize how many actually used that function".

Thanks.  I didn’t see this post from Nico, so it’s nice to know that they are aware that it is affecting a large number of people.  

Scott, I do have an S pen for my android tablet so I’ll give that a try when I’m at home.  Thanks for the tip

RSS