Forums

Help › Forums

How is there 100 in final round if only 50 quilify?

Thu, Apr 7 2022 7:35 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Trump1985
    5 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 12:31 PM

Hello all I'm sorry I tried to check around and maybe I'm a little slow but I was just wondering how if in the rookie tourney if there are only 50 players to make to round 2 and then there's a final 3rd round, how is there 100 players in the final round?

Do they bump down players from higher tiers?

So round 1 quilifier.. Only 50 players quilify.. Then round 2.. Then the finals.. How are there 100 at the end?

Can anyone break it down? And if that's the case why doesn't everyone start in the higher tier?

Thanks all! 

• KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Mon, Apr 4 2022 11:46 PM

I am not exactly sure how it works, however there is an option for folks that missed the cut to pay and play again. That would explain part of it.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 2:04 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Apr 5 2022 7:01 AM

thousands play both rookie and veteran. expert is probably down to less than 20 by now if anything.

it's basically brackets of 4 groups of 100. (kind of) they shuffle around players group to group but it's easier to picture that way.

as many brackets as can be made.

100 players each in Groups ABCD  is round 1. 

Round 2:

Top 50 from A play top 50 from B to form a group E.

Top 50 from C play top 50 from D to form Group F

Round 3:

Top 50 from E play  top 50 from F.

• AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 6:08 AM

Mythanatos:

thousands play both rookie and veteran. expert is probably down to less than 20 by now if anything.

i wish there were only 20 in the expert division, then i might get some credits back! ðŸ¤£

hope all is well mate. cheers

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 6:31 AM

AussieMick11:

Mythanatos:

i wish there were only 20 in the expert division, then i might get some credits back! ðŸ¤£

hope all is well mate. cheers

how many? if it's a decent number I'll start playing in it. A year ago or so a friend told me it was less than 50 and dwindling. and the problem with that is they still had the cutline at 50%. So 50 would be 25 then 25 would be 13. or 12. for final round. 

• Trump1985
    5 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 8:25 AM

....Then I read more and I can't find anything in my post where I'm talking about players skill level and why they pick what tier

What is going on here?  It seems very strange the responses I'm getting here like who said 50% anywhere first off and all this sounds like some sort of an attack on me when I didn't ask about skill levels buddy nor did I say one word about players skills here

I asked a simple question 

If there's only 50 players NOT TOP 50%.. BUT 50 TOTAL to pass to next round, how is there more then 50 in final round? There is no separate groups that I can find and in the rush tourney that just ended, there was not multiple days to qualify, only 1 day to qualify, 1 day to eliminate, and 1 day to final

No separate groups but that made the most sense, and appropriate who said that, thank you for the input

We can lessen the attitude maybe a little and stick to the actual question being asked for those who have an issue or feel slighted somehow, which I can't see how 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 10:00 AM

Trump1985:
    What is going on here?
    As I see it, there's not much information on your part.

Which type of tournament? A pointer?

Which situation at the leaderboard? Screenshot?

From there, we're all guessing - I'd say, cluelessly - you are lucky to receive any replies!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 12:34 PM

alosso:

Trump1985:
    What is going on here?
    As I see it, there's not much information on your part.

Which type of tournament? A pointer?

Which situation at the leaderboard? Screenshot?

From there, we're all guessing - I'd say, cluelessly - you are lucky to receive any replies!

I'll add my guess and say it could be including ties?   as in,  top 50 plus ties?  

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Wed, Apr 6 2022 12:47 PM

All below is directed at the OP of this thread.

I believe you are referring to the Aprils Fools Showdown.  The attitude probably comes from your lack of reading comprehension.  It doesn't say top 50 is says top 50%.  If I am not mistaken from reading another thread, this Showdown was only split into 2 divisions, not the normal 3.  So it's anybody's guess what WGT might have done.

You say only 50 qualified, but you show us nothing showing us that.  50% of 400 is 200 for the second round.  50% of 200 is 100 for the final.

Also, in your last post you stated only the top 50 advance.  I find it very hard to believe only 50 people played in that tourney.

• PAGES
RSS