Forums

Help › Forums

Have Apparel Attributes Been Confirmed?

Wed, Sep 21 2022 4:22 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 11:41 AM

I play a lot of coins games for apparel as it helps keep me interested and gives me a goal. 

Some attributes are obvious. The SE hat for instance, remove it and lose driver yardage. The clothing that applies XP or Coin bonus's or meter speeds and others are easy to see.

But what about CM clothing and it's related putting attributes. We can all agree that putting is a huge part of golf and especially in this game where reaching the greens is perhaps too easy. Putting is what separates the men from the boys. 

Hence the reason for this post. I can't tell if wearing those knickers helps or not? Has anyone been able to somehow prove CM is worth wearing to make more putts drop?

Obviously if one sucks at putting, it's assumed one will continue to suck at putting no matter what you wear. lol  

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 1:02 PM

Might be able to find an answer in the following thread...

Apparel Megathread

Haven't read it in awhile but normally send people this link when they ask about apparel

Don

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Apr 7 2022 7:28 PM

Thanks Don. Was hoping to get opinions and recent thoughts. 

TopShelf2010:

Might be able to find an answer in the following thread...

Apparel Megathread

Haven't read it in awhile but normally send people this link when they ask about apparel

Don

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 6:29 AM

I cant tell the difference, Maybe its there but putting seems same to me regardless of apparel or lack of

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 9:48 AM

I went to the practice green and hit a few starter balls with the starter putter, from 22' with a left to right break, elevation was 4" down.

I aimed directly for the cup, making no adjustments.

1. The first 3, I was wearing the CM basic pants, lvl 8 (putting forgiveness +39 Sweet Spot + 61 and the Max basic shoes (lvl 8, putting forgiveness +38);

2. The second 3, I was wearing only the Max shoes; and

3. The third 3, I was not wearing any apparel which would affect putting.

All putts were made from approx. the same distance and location.  To the extent that "forgiveness" as opposed to balance" affects the distance, I noted a slight difference. With both the enhanced pants and shoes, the balls stopped closer to the hole (in distance). The less enhanced apparel I used, the more the ball traveled past the cup.

I know this is not "exact" science (although seemingly more accurate than our government follows), IMO, the clothing does as advertised. Now, it is quite possible, if I was to use the mask, the balls may be further apart (approx. 6')

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 10:18 AM

HamdenPro:
    I went to the practice green

Bravo HP... Well done.

This is the exact type of info players like the OP are looking for.

If I recall correctly, this was done years ago only using Irons. It was amazing to see the differences with images like you provided.

EDIT: Here is the link I was referring too...

Putter precision tests - Now with irons!

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

Again, great job.

Don

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 1:56 PM

One question- how did you get multiple golf balls at the same time on the putting green or is this image a composite of all attempts?

It’s good idea and a good test. Now I’m wondering if you performed this test and actually, taking all factors into consideration, tried to make the putt what the results would be. Like with the apparel do you make the putt more frequently, do the putts break the same, whatever. I’m pretty certain I have on putting improvement apparel and can’t tell any difference, but this seems to suggest otherwise.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 2:14 PM

One other thought as I ruminate HP’s study. For our coders out there. Is it feasible (or is it realistic that someone would go the trouble) to expect that putting improvements associated with the apparel can become incrementally more effective as you move up in the quality of the ball? Is it reasonable to assume that the results with a 1,200 credit ball would be better then with a starter ball or is it one set of variables applied equally to all of the available golf balls?

It would be most interesting if a player could replicate HP’s test with a side by side comparison of a TItleist and TM or Callie ball and compare results. 

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 2:27 PM

Cicero733:
    One question- how did you get multiple golf balls at the same time on the putting green or is this image a composite of all attempts?

It is a composite of all 9 putts. I overlayed the hole for each putt and pasted the overlayed hole and the ball from each putt on top of each other so everything lined up exactly (except for the balls, of course).

Cicero733:
    Now I’m wondering if you performed this test and actually, taking all factors into consideration, tried to make the putt what the results would be.

I did not try to aim the putt, other than right at the hole, for two reasons. First, I wanted to see what deviation the balls had, from a straight putt, based on whether enhancements were used or not. Second, I wanted less deviation. Trying to adjust for breaks on each putt seemed like an unnecessary variable to attempt to mitigate.

Keep in mind, the CM pants I had, the basic ones, only enhance forgiveness  (and sweet spot), not balance. My understanding is that balance is the left-right deviation and forgiveness has do with distance.  The max shoes I had enhances forgiveness as well.  

Cicero733:
    I’m pretty certain I have on putting improvement apparel and can’t tell any difference, but this seems to suggest otherwise

IMO-the apparel does make an improvement. It is just not as noticeable as improvements to driver/wood/hybrid/iron distance or spin.

The putting improvements are very subtle. TBH, I do not think the improvements will make anyone a better putter than they are without them. I think it gives a little more overall forgiveness which, depending on items of clothing, may translate to a few less stops on the edge, slight forgiveness on strength, break and meter. Notwithstanding, if you do not calculate the proper speed and have a good line, and hit close to ding, or near so, to the ding....game over.  If the clothes help me get the one xtra birdie, where the ball falls in, and does not stop on edge, or if I miss, but next putt is a tap in, then I am all in the CM pants and Max shoes - LOL

EDIT: 

Cicero733:
    putting improvements associated with the apparel can become incrementally more effective as you move up in the quality of the ball? Is it reasonable to assume that the results with a 1,200 credit ball would be better then with a starter ball

I believe you will see putting improvements, as you move up in tier, with the quality of the putter, more so than the ball. It is best to find a putter that has the forgiveness and balance that matches the way you putt. I do not believe the balls have any ratings for either forgiveness or balance. I think here, it is all about forgiveness and balance. - IMO

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2022 7:05 PM

Thanks HP and everyone. Somehow I thought/hoped the putting enhancement would be more on compensating for miss read and not so much on distance. Of course they are related in that ball speed has a determination on break.

Putting is the games biggest challenge especially when there's not a good camera angle to use to see the line. Then the dot's going willy-nilly and today I had a downhill putt that slid by a few feet and I had a downhill putt going back... say what?  LOL  

I guess the best way to approach putting is leaving myself gimmies on the approach. ;)

• PAGES
RSS