Forums

Help › Forums

What are the worst bugs

Tue, Nov 28 2023 11:01 AM (111 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 3:41 PM

KenBTEXAS:
    I have only seen this when 'putting power tip' is turned on. Try turning it off and see if it fixes it.

I do not have "putting power tip" turned on. In fact, I never knew there was one except in practice rounds (which I never play).

To be specific, when it is my turn to putt, lets say I am 16' from the hole, 8" drop in elevation. WGT will set my meter for 30' (with my putter, my meter is 15, 30, 60, 100, 150). I put my scale to 15, go to reverse cam to check putt from that angle, go back to normal cam and my meter is back to 30. If I do not check it, I blow the putt past the hole.

Once I adjust my meter scale, WGT should never change it, under no circumstances. The default meter never takes into consideration, elevation. I am much better now doing a quick meter check but I still forget at times and it has ruined many a good rounds.

I do not see why they can't make it so, when you set your meter scale, it stays where you set it.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 3:54 PM

hmmm mine does not do that.

I am on PC, are you mobile ??

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 4:13 PM

KenBTEXAS:
    I am on PC, are you mobile ??

PC (ASUS 2 in 1). It has always done this, even in the flash days, just the way it is.

Hence.... NICO!!!!! 

• nopro17
    16,107 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 9:32 PM

Babzilla33:
    Solution: Get rid of the H2H coin rooms and make the showdowns single play just like any other tournament. There is absolutely no reason why players on two different ends of the level and tier spectrum should have to play against each other.

Getting rid of the coin rooms for the Showdowns might actually require some work.

Allow me to suggest some simple logic that would continue to use the coin room.

WGT ... feel free to use this idea.

if user clicks Showdown button to enter coin room

do not search for opponent

instead, assign a "dummy" opponent* to play

as soon as the game has been initialized, the "dummy" gets 
          disqualified (e.g. set the number of used timeouts to 2)

the Showdown player plays the 3 holes as usual**

figure out some way to handle the coins (e.g. return the 
          entry fee back to the player, whatever)

else

search for opponent and play the game exactly as it's working 
          now

* You would probably require more than one "dummy" opponent to avoid having the same "dummy" in two or more games at once.

** To the best of my knowledge, when we're able to finish all 3 holes, the bogey bug does not happen even if our opponent quit.

In my opinion, this logic would be very easy to implement.

I (as a Tour Champion) take absolutely no pleasure in crushing a Pro or Tour Pro and taking coins from them that they need a lot more than I do.  Not surprisingly, they don't like to get crushed either ... so they quit in a rage, causing the bogey bug.

Showdowns are all about strokes, not how many games or coins you win.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 10:34 PM

I was brainstorming in a manner as such WGT operate the showdowns similar to the way RGs work. Everyone signs up, and there is a “lottery” drawing that organizes the proposed amount of people in groups at random for each round. 

Then all the players have to do is play their round(s) before the allotted time expires without the need for 45s timers or any of the other issues: waiting several minutes to get matched, getting matched with higher tier vs. lower tier, getting matched with a random person in the coin room who isn’t even playing the showdown and doesn’t care about the coins, or a player that doesn’t realize his opponent is in the showdown and has to post good scores. 

Of course, whatever matter of progress that may come is nothing to hold our breaths over. Priorities are clearly more reserved for the next best Mighty Duck quack hat or re-dressing the same clubs over and over again like a teenager at the mall. 

(P.S. Gary is awesome!) 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2022 5:05 AM

Forgot by far THE WORST BUG of all!!!!

2. Eligibility.

Participation in the Contest is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older.  Note, however, that only individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Norway, Ireland, The Netherlands, and South Korea who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory ("province") of residence, whichever is greater are eligible to win prizes.  Only players who reside in countries eligible to win prizes will be entered into the live stream tournament.

• nopro17
    16,107 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2022 7:53 AM

Babzilla33:
    I was brainstorming in a manner as such WGT operate the showdowns similar to the way RGs work. Everyone signs up, and there is a “lottery” drawing that organizes the proposed amount of people in groups at random for each round. 

I can't argue with that (or other good ideas), Ross.

I'm just putting my I.T. knowledge to good use (for a change) and thinking about the easiest/fastest way to deal with the problem.

It's a trade-off.  Do we want something now that almost certainly solves the bogey bug but continues using the 3-hole coin games or do we want a more competitive but completely different Showdown?  Fast vs. better.  Pick one ... keeping in mind that the WGT people only have so much time to allocate to any given project.

I know that if this were my code, I could have the idea implemented in less than a day because everything is already in place (i.e. 3 holes, 2 players, disqualification, 45-second timer).  Anything else would take longer.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2022 11:57 AM

The putting .

Dots are terrible .

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2022 2:44 PM

craigswan:

The putting .

Dots are terrible .

Agree here...darn things keep moving.