Forums

Help › Forums

What are the worst bugs

Tue, Nov 28 2023 11:01 AM (111 replies)
  • Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 9:48 AM

WGTNico:

Wanted to give a bit of an update on ones I do have some word on.

• The watching opponent text can definitely be moved/adjusted probably a bit higher up on the screen
    • The chat filter certainly isn't perfect but at the end of the day it does do it's job (sometimes it over does it) and protects us as well as others from bad language
    • The chat going back to how it was in flash is unlikely (mostly cause it would not look great on mobile) but possibly in the future we can find a better compromise with the chat box
    • Showdown bogey glitch like I already said has been mostly fixed. It's still not perfect but overall showdown should be a whole lot more playable (please still report those false bogeys)
    • Toptracer stat box absolutely needs a proper place to "live" 
    • The missing mini maps. Was an old ticket that was never actually fully fulfilled, still need to fix the left handed swing part

I'm still taking notes of everything I've seen from this thread so keep them coming, just wanted to update you all on ones that I have an answer to. 

Now, none of these have an ETA on fixes/changes, if that changes, I will give updates on those as they come out

Bogey glitch is still alive and well. 3 showdowns in a row I’ve now gotten 3 bogeys. Most recent “Rush” birdied last 3 holes and the game issued me 3 bogeys instead.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 9:55 AM

Solution: Get rid of the H2H coin rooms and make the showdowns single play just like any other tournament. There is absolutely no reason why players on two different ends of the level and tier spectrum should have to play against each other. 

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 10:11 AM

Yiannis1970:

Putting:

Most people are using the back cameras to play their putts. How difficult it is to get rid of the billboard sign which blocks the path of the ball and the dot view? Why can't you put it up, like you did for the front camera?

THIS!!!

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 11:42 AM

Yiannis1970:

Yiannis1970:

Putting:

Most people are using the back cameras to play their putts. How difficult it is to get rid of the billboard sign which blocks the path of the ball and the dot view? Why can't you put it up, like you did for the front

Do you mean the blue sign with distance/elevation? If so I remove mine by pushing 8 on the keyboard num pad (don’t know if this is a pc only setting) but the option is their in your game setting if you need it.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 12:22 PM

Babzilla33:
    Bogey glitch is still alive and well. 3 showdowns in a row I’ve now gotten 3 bogeys. Most recent “Rush” birdied last 3 holes and the game issued me 3 bogeys instead.

It really makes you wonder about the competence and credibility of WGT when their spokesperson say "Showdown bogey glitch like I already said has been mostly fixed." 😳  If one of the top players on WGT (like yourself) is still getting the glitch, then it's obviously not fixed.

This is exactly why I don't play Showdowns.  No way am I going to reward poor programming and QA by playing something that has a persistent bug that has lasted for OVER 2 YEARS NOW.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 12:44 PM

Babzilla33:
    Solution: Get rid of the H2H coin rooms and make the showdowns single play just like any other tournament. There is absolutely no reason why players on two different ends of the level and tier spectrum should have to play against each other. 

Can't agree more!

SamSpayed:
    This is exactly why I don't play Showdowns.  No way am I going to reward poor programming and QA by playing something that has a persistent bug that has lasted for OVER 2 YEARS NOW.

That makes two of us.

Folks, boycott it. Do not play! It's like you complain about losing money while continuing to buy shares of a troubled company. The primary guilt lies on the company, but you people playing the showdowns are also not free from it at this point.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 1:07 PM

Agree with all.

Wanted to add to the invite suggestion. It would be nice, when getting an invite, there is a notification sound, a "ding". This way, if you are online, either on a profile, or in forums, and your game window is shrunk, you hear the invite notification.  

As for putting - Stop changing my putter meter distance when I change camera views. It seems when you are lining up a putt, and change camera view, and then go back to original view, your meter defaults back to what WGT gave you when you first started to putt, which is oftentimes wrong when dealing with elevation. Further, along the same lines, WGT Should stop setting the meter to what it thinks the default distance is. I suggest, when putting, WGT always has the meter at the shortest distance setting and let the player then adjust accordingly, again, without defaulting it back.

Personally, the default meter kills me, and I would like to see that fixed/changed fairly quickly.

EDIT: And expand the Junior Moderator Program.

• RAMPLEA
    35 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 2:03 PM

Does anyone know why my chat is not working properly when I’m playing Head to head games on my iPad?

I send one chat comment and then it stops working.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 3:10 PM

In conjunction with your observation…generally, 99% of the time (in mobile) the putter scale defaults to the 20’ scale. I’ve come to understand that. However for putts in excess of 20’, it sometimes defaults to the 10’ scale. I will change it to the 50’ scale, plan the putt, verify putting scale, pull the trigger, and watch the ball go about 6’ - 9’. Even though the 50’ scale is showing, the game is still using the 10’ scale. It is a totally random occurrence, but is a tad bit annoying. I have also had the reverse happen when a 50’ scale appears for an 8’ putt, I change it to the 10’ scale, take the putt, and watch the ball fly off the green. This occurs most frequently at RSA and it causes grief for the group behind me as I have to get in my cart and motor on down to RSG for my fourth shot and I get reported for slow play. 

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2022 3:30 PM

HamdenPro:

Agree with all.

Wanted to add to the invite suggestion. It would be nice, when getting an invite, there is a notification sound, a "ding". This way, if you are online, either on a profile, or in forums, and your game window is shrunk, you hear the invite notification.  

As for putting - Stop changing my putter meter distance when I change camera views. It seems when you are lining up a putt, and change camera view, and then go back to original view, your meter defaults back to what WGT gave you when you first started to putt, which is oftentimes wrong when dealing with elevation. Further, along the same lines, WGT Should stop setting the meter to what it thinks the default distance is. I suggest, when putting, WGT always has the meter at the shortest distance setting and let the player then adjust accordingly, again, without defaulting it back.

I have only seen this when 'putting power tip' is turned on. Try turning it off and see if it fixes it.

Personally, the default meter kills me, and I would like to see that fixed/changed fairly quickly.

There used to be an option to turn the caddy OFF. I no longer see that available .. I used it at one time and liked it.

EDIT: And expand the Junior Moderator Program.

RSS