Forums

Help › Forums

What are the worst bugs

Tue, Nov 28 2023 11:01 AM (111 replies)
  • Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 1:23 AM

Great suggestions all.  At the top of my list would be the player notifications and chatbox issues being 'restored' to the flash-days formats (clear chatbox with NO FILTER and the ability to type a short message when declining invites)

I doubt much can be done with camera issues without reshooting the entire course. Kiawah was one of the first courses available on WGT and, as such, was a teaching expereience for the need of as many camera angles as possible.  By and large, subsequent courses have been photographed adequately, though, sadly, it seems they revisited the Kiawah standard with Torrey Pines, which, in my opinion, was photographed horribly.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the utterly assinine scenario where if a coin game tiebreaker also ends in a tie WGT keeps ALL the coins.  The participants deserve nothing less than a split of the coin pool.  Thank you.

EDIT: Just played a round and was reminded of a few more infuriating issues:

1)  An oldie but hardly goodie: In a multiplayer round, a player's (usually tee) shot is unnaffected by any indicated wind while the subsequent shot from the next player gets a double dose of indicated wind.  This crap has been going on for years & it benefits no one...unless, of course, WGT's aim is  anger everyone involved.

2)  In an MP round with apparel attributes on, club distances shown will show a value less than what they actually are, often showing no attributes on at all, even though they're actually there.  I, for one, am getting really exasperated trying to explain this one to other players.

3)  A bit less overt shot manipulation would be nice. Too often there's so many subroutines fighting to control my shot that, for example, a dinged tee shot ends up traveling 100 yds at a 45 degree angle or worse, or a dinged shot lands upwind of the aimer in a 25 mph crosswind, or other such nonsense.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 6:40 AM

Robbo81303:

I doubt much can be done with camera issues without reshooting the entire course. Kiawah was one of the first courses available on WGT and, as such, was a teaching expereience for the need of as many camera angles as possible.

Wrong...

We are not asking for new camera angles. We want the ones that were always there when playing Flash. Yes, the camera angles at Kiawah are horrible, but many of them are not even turned on, leaving us ZERO options when we already know there are camera angles available if turned on.

This was also an issue at Chambers Bay after Flash ended, but they have since made the adjustments.

They also made some very poor adjustments at Kiawah at about that same time. They turned on tons of cameras from the tee box, without turning on the cameras from the fairway. Shortly after that, they cleaned up the tee box cameras, but still never turned on any fairway cameras. At the very least, there is a shot back at the fairway from behind and above the green for every Kiawah hole. Several of those shots are not currently available. #2 is the first example that comes to mind.

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 8:43 AM

The Avatar transparency while putting is not working properly. 

Most often I find that once I changed cam angle and then change back, my avatar lose its transparency and are blocking the view. That would be a nice fix.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 2:47 PM

NrEighteen:

The Avatar transparency while putting is not working properly. 

Most often I find that once I changed cam angle and then change back, my avatar lose its transparency and are blocking the view. That would be a nice fix.

Very good point as well Jonas.

• WGTNico
    618 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 3:27 PM

Wanted to give a bit of an update on ones I do have some word on.

• The watching opponent text can definitely be moved/adjusted probably a bit higher up on the screen
    • The chat filter certainly isn't perfect but at the end of the day it does do it's job (sometimes it over does it) and protects us as well as others from bad language
    • The chat going back to how it was in flash is unlikely (mostly cause it would not look great on mobile) but possibly in the future we can find a better compromise with the chat box
    • Showdown bogey glitch like I already said has been mostly fixed. It's still not perfect but overall showdown should be a whole lot more playable (please still report those false bogeys)
    • Toptracer stat box absolutely needs a proper place to "live" 
    • The missing mini maps. Was an old ticket that was never actually fully fulfilled, still need to fix the left handed swing part

I'm still taking notes of everything I've seen from this thread so keep them coming, just wanted to update you all on ones that I have an answer to. 

Now, none of these have an ETA on fixes/changes, if that changes, I will give updates on those as they come out

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 31 2022 4:33 PM

Fix the iPad glitch where if you click in the bottom right portion of your screen when you swing , the meter goes all the way to the right resulting in a horrible slice and usually a wet or lost ball. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 5:27 PM

Please address the following in coin room play:

• Freezes of play where you're unable to swing or move the aimer
    • Freezes where you can still chat with your opponent but the game can't continue from either player without one deciding to hard close the game and restart things.  A majority of the time the game doesn't restart properly.
    • Quitters/Restarted Matches Due to Freezes
      • Cause the game to display "Saved Game No Longer Exists" and you lose the coins
      • "Saved Game No Longer Exists" has recently been popping up during the 45 second return to game timer which also results in coins being lost
      •  If an opponent quits then credit the coins back to the player who didn't quit if the game doesn't end properly and the remaining player receives the "Saved Game No Longer Exists" popup.
    • Place a timeout on the time allowed for a match to be determined where the game takes you back to the coin room selection screen and where you don't lose the coins.  Currently you lose the coins if you get sick of waiting and hit the back arrow.  If a matchup doesn't get assigned then don't take the coins from the player.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 9:23 PM

SamSpayed:

- Fix your PC app uninstall program so that it does proper cleanup/deletion of all folders and Windows Registry entries.  We should not have to do Scott Hope's workarounds to clean up all the stuff that you guys leave behind.

Sam, I am afraid you won't see this happen. Very few of today's programs remove all, and they have for years.  Install Revouninstaller and it will do what you want above.  I have not had occasion to uninstall WGT's App(since I originally installed it, when it first came out) so I have not been able to compare what Scotts script does, versus the program.  It runs the program uninstaller, and then shows you what has been left over and gives you choices of degrees of what to remove of what has been left.  Plus it will work with any program installed.  Just remember to only delete what it bolds in the registry.

Something I have not seen mentioned, so I will add.  Make the green speed and stimp larger so it's readable without have to put glasses on.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 10:30 PM

WGTNico:

snipped

• Showdown bogey glitch like I already said has been mostly fixed. It's still not perfect but overall showdown should be a whole lot more playable (please still report those false bogeys)

snipped

True "mostly fixed"

So instead of bogies you get to play the holes over again. (better that nothing but also still frustrating) especially if you have a good putt for a third eagle, having to repeat is not good :-(

KenB

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2022 11:27 PM

KenBTEXAS:

WGTNico:

snipped

snipped

True "mostly fixed"

So instead of bogies you get to play the holes over again. (better that nothing but also still frustrating) especially if you have a good putt for a third eagle, having to repeat is not good :-(

KenB

Had exactly the same situation Ken in the previous SD edition (was putting for -4 and needed to replay 3 holes).

RSS