Forums

Help › Forums

What are the worst bugs

Tue, Nov 28 2023 11:01 AM (111 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 4:20 AM

callaghan159:

Some good points mentioned here but I would like to be able to move the "TopTracer" icon and have it remain there. At current we have to move it every shot.      Cheers

+1 Very very annoying!

Also... I'd appreciate if you WGT restore Double-Tapping Function. Dragging the pointer can be very cumbersome, sometimes doesn't even work at the far edge of the screen. I don't know if it was accidentally removed or you guys decided to remove it for some reason but all I can say is... why mess up a good thing?!

And maybe a smarter caddie who would hand me the right club more often than not?...

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 4:54 AM

Very very good points callaghan and sammey.

(Forgot them both)

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 7:03 AM

the billboard sign on the putting green is the worse of all the bugs...ya just cant see to read the putt. how stupid that it is in the way.

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 7:44 AM

Invite (Red/green issue)
    This is biggest complaint I hear and have...

Cameras 
    Have been lacking since flash ended.

top tracer being sticky
    This drives me crazy to have to move it a lot.

• beerstine
    665 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 10:52 AM

+1 on the floating TopTracer window. 

+1 on the reverse putting billboard.  When I started on PCEA beta, it was located higher with a pointer to the hole (so I know it can be done), then it was inexplicably changed.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 11:56 AM

beerstine:

+1 on the floating TopTracer window. 

+1 on the reverse putting billboard.  When I started on PCEA beta, it was located higher with a pointer to the hole (so I know it can be done), then it was inexplicably changed.

I agree with most things in this post, but wanted to point out to Nico (since he is fairly new) that both of the above issues have been fixed at one time, and then changed back due to different complaints.

The "billboard" size marker was up high off the ground, but when players complained about it being in the way, WGT changed it to lower to the ground, making it even a bigger problem for many players. Why not have an option to make it a simple dot?

TopTracer was also fixed in the June of 2020 update, but changed back later when some complained that it would fall behind or in front of the mini map on some holes. Would it be possible for it to simply anchor wherever we put it until we move it again?

And as for cameras... This was another issue they claimed to fix in that June 2020 update. It was kind of comical. For a few days there were several holes that had more than 10 camera angles turned on from the tee box, with no cameras from the fairway. It was like they flipped a bunch of "on" switches without even thinking about what they were doing. I know this may take a little time to go through and do right, but the way it is now on Kiawah is a joke. 

Thank you for this post, Nico

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 1:35 PM

Here's my list, most of which have been mentioned by others earlier:  

- Get rid of the WATCHING OPPONENT and WATCHING TEAMMATE text.  If you want to indicate whose turn it is, put a green box around the player's name in the upper right.

- Have an option to turn the CHAT FILTER ON / OFF.  Most of us are adults and don't mind a little colorful language.

- Keep the chat on the screen while we're playing (like it was in Flash), not as a separate overlay that blocks the entire screen that you have to hit a hotkey to open and ESC to close.

- Fix the Showdown Bogey Glitch

- Have an option to turn the SCROLL WHEEL ON / OFF, for those of us that never use it and don't want to accidentally change clubs or putting meter scales.

- Make the Toptracer Stats overlay dockable, and keep it on the screen even when it's the next player's shot

- Fix the tournament sign-ups in the app so that you don't have to immediately play a tournament when you sign up for it

- Fix the free Apparel Boxes you get for the Weekly Bonus (at 3 / 6 / 9 wins) so that they drop random items, not the same items every week.

- Fix the mini-maps so that they appear on every hole regardless of what setting you have for SWING CONTROLS.  Mini-maps are missing on Pebble Beach #1 (usually) and Pebble Beach #8 (always), and possibly other holes.

- Fix the connectivity issues on WGT's servers that cause that GAME ENDED WITHOUT A WINNER errors

- Fix your PC app uninstall program so that it does proper cleanup/deletion of all folders and Windows Registry entries.  We should not have to do Scott Hope's workarounds to clean up all the stuff that you guys leave behind.

- Make the default mode for multi-player stroke-play games SCORED, not PRACTICE.  Almost nobody plays these games in Practice mode.

- Give us the ability to reply to game invites with a custom text message (like "5 minutes please"), not just the canned responses.

I realize that many of these would be considered "enhancements" rather than bugs.  But all of them would make the game play and aesthetics more enjoyable.

• beerstine
    665 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 2:00 PM

I think the big problem with TopTracer is that there's no clean way to handle all the screen resolutions between computer and mobile devices in one location.  I like the idea of letting users lock it to a position that works best for them.

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 3:58 PM

beerstine:

I think the big problem with TopTracer is that there's no clean way to handle all the screen resolutions between computer and mobile devices in one location.  I like the idea of letting users lock it to a position that works best for them.

it could be incorporated as a bar that just shows the full distance traveled just below the rectangle that shows the wind speed (top left), that could be extended or collapsed with a click (or tap for mobile players) that then reveals the complete data set we are used to of Carry, roll etc. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Mar 30 2022 11:13 PM

beerstine:

Nope...not a problem at all, cause the total size and resolution of the box (toptracer) is analogical of the global resolution a player might want to play. Will be exactly as it is today, only with an option added to anchored or not the top tracer. 

RSS