Forums

Help › Forums

Country club requests

Fri, Apr 14 2023 4:33 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CRowan
    405 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 10:36 AM

Being a CC owner, I see this from time to time. WGT members that seem to roam from one CC to another, only staying a short while. It would be nice if club owners was able to see the history of the members country clubs, including amount of time at each club, so the CC owner that is making the decisions on new members will know if this person wants to find a good CC or just jumps from one club to another.

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 11:19 AM

Good idea .

• wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 11:26 AM

As one of those 'roamers' you are referring to, I give my reason(s) why. 

All Clubs are different. And some owners are very rigid and stiff. 

I like to experience all that wgt has to offer. 

I find some really good tournaments, settings, etc. 

It gets boring playing the same thing all the time. 

I also understand your displeasure of us Club jumpers. 

But I am sure your used to it by now.

If not, let someone else run your club, you won't have that member hassle just trying to reel in one nevermind worrying about losing one. 

But its a game man, folks come and go. 

Good fishing to you and yours. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 2:23 PM

CRowan:
    It would be nice if club owners was able to see the history of the members country clubs, including amount of time at each club,
    I'm afraid that this goes well beyond WGT's interests. IMHO, the social side of the game, chat, forum, CCs, is off their particular technical and financial priorities. Most important, there is no visual ROI of your ideas.

On our side, there are more things to desire (hopelessly). My two Pfennig as a CC owner:

Prospective members get not any or close to none information on the CCs they want to enter. Your stats would demand a counterpart on the CC side: How is it, what is the history, how many tournaments, how much credits, how much activity and fluctuation, what to expect as a member?

None of this is available.

IMHO, players have to jump into CCs blindly - we have to allow them to leave/quit after getting some insight.

Finally, what does a CC lose when a Recruit leaves very soon? You tell me...

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 2:36 PM

"Finally, what does a CC lose when a Recruit leaves very soon? You tell me..."

I was thinking the same thing as Paul mentioned in his post ^^^. I'm not sure why a CC owner would care if people come and go. If they leave after only a short time, maybe that's best for both parties. It certainly beats having a member in a CC who doesn't want to be there. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 4:47 PM

The problem is with the way clubs are set up in this game. There should be a "guest option" available so players could play and enjoy other clubs while remaining a member of their club. It could be a club owner tool to be used at the club owner's discretion.

I personally welcome players to come and go as often as they like. Obviously I would love to have a large active club with long term members, but why would I want them to stay if they can have more fun somewhere else?

• CRowan
    405 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 6:19 PM

alosso:

They lose the time it takes for welcoming, telling the newbies about the club, what we do and what we offer. Some owners actually communicate with their members.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 8:13 PM

CRowan:

Being a CC owner, I see this from time to time. WGT members that seem to roam from one CC to another, only staying a short while. It would be nice if club owners was able to see the history of the members country clubs, including amount of time at each club, so the CC owner that is making the decisions on new members will know if this person wants to find a good CC or just jumps from one club to another.

WGT used to put that in each player's Activity - something like "TireKicker123 joined the club Mostly Harmless."  But they stopped doing that a couple years ago, I think.  

You could look at a player's Score History and click on the links for the tournaments he/she played to see what CC they were in when they played those tournaments.  That doesn't give you their entire club history, but it can at least tell you if they've moved around a bit within the last 3 months or so.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2022 10:58 PM

CRowan:
    alosso:

They lose the time it takes for welcoming, telling the newbies about the club, what we do and what we offer. Some owners actually communicate with their members.

Agreed. So do I.

This is necessary to let the player get to know the CC. You either do it before he joins or afterwards, when he can read in the CC forum and experience it firsthand.

But you still can't blame anybody if it displeases him and he leaves.

As CT said, it may be better...

• old1free
    55 Posts
    Thu, Apr 13 2023 11:34 AM

I agree, but for the "romers" it would be nice to SEE all the club has to offer: club tournaments, contests, freebies, members willing to start playing rounds with you asap...and surely more.  

• PAGES
RSS