Help › Forums

Club selection changes

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 8 2023 1:16 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • spinman
    16 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2022 2:34 PM

I have recently noticed that occasionally the club selection will change when i change camera angles.  Also when teeing off on a par 4 or 5 the game will select something other than driver.  If you are not paying atttention it will ruin your round.  Any else have this happen?

• Cicero733
    2,291 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2022 3:32 PM

It happens to every player. Part of your pre-shot routine needs to be verifying your club selection. Recently I have had my 60° wedge changed to my 64° wedge after changing views. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2022 8:40 PM

WGT has a "feature" where moving the scroll wheel on your mouse will change your club selection.  Unfortunately, there is no way to turn that "feature" off in your Settings.  It's possible that your club selection changed because your finger accidentally brushed your mouse wheel at some point before you hit your shot.

Like Cicero said, it's best to always verify your club selection before you swing.  

• spinman
    16 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 9:28 AM

I have been playing for over 10 years and this never happened until after the last update.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 2:27 PM
    The last time I suggested disabling the mouse wheel, I was informed by the user in question that they were playing on a laptop. Dare I suggest it again?
    Pros : No accidental club selection.
    Cons : Inconvenience of not being able to scroll through clubs or putter meter distances.

But you can enable or disable the scroll wheel with a keyboard shortcut.

• Trailrunning
    152 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2023 11:29 PM

Scott,

Could you share how to disable the the mouse wheel, I am interested in following your suggestion. I went to the link "disabling the mouse wheel" but it says request access. I have AHK installed, so I am interested in your script for this.

Thanks

Kevin (Trailrunning)

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 1:11 AM

My sincere apologies for having an incorrect share setting on those files Kevin, hopefully it should be downloadable now.

• Trailrunning
    152 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 11:51 AM

No apology needed, thanks for creating that script and sharing it, it works well.

I have been so frustrated with the mouse wheel changing clubs on me and sometimes I don't catch and correct it. I was looking for a solution and your AHK script looks like a good way to deal with it.

Thanks again for your help!

Kevin (Trailrunning)

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 12:43 PM

You're welcome Kevin and thank you for the feedback. Always good to know that my stuff actually does work for other people. ; )

• Trailrunning
    152 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 8:14 PM

Scott,

It helped me shoot a good round in this tournament, no wrong club selection during the round costing me shots. I may owe you a percentage of the purse, if I end up winning some credits, lol. Thanks again.

Kevin (Trailrunning)

[View:https://www.wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:450:0]

• PAGES
RSS