Forums

Help › Forums

Spam in Coin Room-REALLY!!

Wed, Mar 16 2022 11:46 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 1:26 PM

I was playing in the RIO room earlier today. Right away I see I have a message, it is a macro or cut and paste spam, I reply with random keystrokes with a few asterisk ( *******) followed with a LOL, the rest you can read - this is too funny. Does this happen a lot?

I do win, at which point, I can't resist the last comment.

I did report the member to members@worldgolftour.com. We will see what happens.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 1:34 PM

I feel rather sorry for the guy. Looks so desperate. LOL

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 1:36 PM

Isn't there a button now, within the in-game chat, that allows you to block a player and/or turn off their chat?

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 2:44 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I feel rather sorry for the guy. Looks so desperate

LOL, to be honest, when reading the part about trying to be helpful, and playing the misunderstood "vic", it reminded me very much of someone else - who must not be named...

SamSpayed:
    Isn't there a button now, within the in-game chat, that allows you to block a player and/or turn off their chat?

OMG, why would I want to do that. Not only do I get to laugh, get to taunt after a win, but also get to report the dude, who may possibly get suspended, which would lead to a post on his wall "I told you so"...seems like a WIN-WIN-WIN and maybe another WIN situation!!!

Now, obviously, had I lost, I could have reported it and claimed it was an improper distraction, thereby demanding his suspension and return of coins - again, WIN-WIN

The funny thing to all of this, in response to his initial spam, I do drive a jeep - LMAO

EDIT: For what it's worth, I could have recommended he look into the Fiskar Ocean, a suv crossover, total electric - 380 miles per charge!!! I have just enough coins to get one.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 3:03 PM

HamdenPro:

SamSpayed:

OMG, why would I want to do that. Not only do I get to laugh, get to taunt after a win, but also get to report the dude, who may possibly get suspended, which would lead to a post on his wall "I told you so"...seems like a WIN-WIN-WIN and maybe another WIN situation!!!

I didn't think any of that was the point of in-game chat.  

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 3:06 PM

I think I know this guy. He calls my house at 17:30 hrs every darn day and no matter how hard I try he won’t shut up long enough to let me answer his questions. So I just hang up. Think of all the deals I’m missing.  Looks like his business is branching out.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 3:18 PM

Cicero733:
    He calls my house at 17:30 hrs every darn day

That's cool, my clock only goes as high as 12.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 4:13 PM

Turn it around and look on the other side.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2022 5:56 PM

Nice to get a BURN during winter

• PAGES
RSS