Which of your worlds is the real one?

Sun, Mar 13 2022 1:38 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 10:17 AM

pdb1:

SamSpayed:

I guess I have a different perspective.  I don't see online social interaction as a separate 'virtual' world.  It's still part of the real world, with real (not virtual) people interacting with each other... each with our own thoughts, feelings, perspectives, backgrounds, personalities, skills, life challenges, etc.

I think a lot of problems come when people start thinking of the people they meet and encounter online as 'virtual'.  It's much easier to treat someone poorly if you don't think of them as 'real'.

Damn well said SSS . Proud of you .

You and Scott are in agreement?. I'm not sure if he will consider ^^^ a compliment or a concern...lol

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 12:25 PM

ct690911:
    You and Scott are in agreement?. I'm not sure if he will consider ^^^ a compliment or a concern...lol

LOL 😂  Yes, Paul and I do agree on some things.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 1:05 PM

Whilst there is a war going on in Europe , that to me is the real world , there have been many times when house bound , following operations , the WGT world has been all there is ! 

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 1:38 PM

bossbird:

Whilst there is a war going on in Europe , that to me is the real world , there have been many times when house bound , following operations , the WGT world has been all there is ! 

I just read a news article which stated that China could possibly broker a cease fire agreement. They have influence with Russia and may be able to stop this madness. I don't know, in the long term, if this is a good idea for the West, but any lifeline at this point should be welcome.

The crushing sanctions imposed by the West on Russia also catch other countries in the fall out, incl China. This is probably their motivation to help the process.

ct

• PAGES
RSS