Forums

Help › Forums

Game difficulty?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 6 2022 2:44 PM (8 replies)
  • scotttorrey
    2 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 12:39 PM

I'm guessing that when you reach a certain level like Tour Pro LVL 55, it gets a lot harder!! I can't play for the life of me now, missing the easiest of putts, wayward shots, wind has become a muuch bigger factor. My game is down the tubes ever since I hit this level. Making par is now a chore. WTF? Last week I was beating Legends H2H, now I can't beat an Amateur. 

Are they forcing me to level up on equipment? Because I'm not spending a dime on this game!!!!

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 4:29 PM

Didn't you just buy balls?

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 6:34 PM

The game doesn't even begin until you hit Legend. And if you want to be even an average player, you'll need to buy better equipment. There are some fairways that you can't reach from the back tees with the starter clubs, especially into a head wind.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2022 1:45 AM

Most (if not all) hobbies cost $$$. WGT is a for profit business. The model incentivizes you to upgrade in order to play better and get more enjoyment from the game. Simple concept.

There are ways to obtain credits or coins without actually using your credit card. Videos, surveys, etc. Of course, that costs you time.

hit 'em str8

ct

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2022 2:30 AM

scotttorrey:
    Are they forcing me to level up on equipment? Because I'm not spending a dime on this game!!!!
    Let's say, they are "inviting" you.

Starter equipment should be no problem as a TP (faster greens) but it becomes tricky at Master level (longer tracks). Then, you won't reach the fairway on some holes, and you may not carry certain lakes...

There is no way back, if you contemplate about that, and hardly any way to avoid further promotions.

So,  you might consider to invest some in your leisure activity, be it money to buy stuff or time - at a low rate of return and a good chance to feel scammed - to gain "free" credits.

Your choice, and have fun!

• scotttorrey
    2 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2022 9:33 AM

I've watched about 1000 app ad videos at 2 credits a piece. lol

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2022 12:23 PM

Scott - you've just bought a Starter Ball (Slow Meter) for 100cr.  Before buying balls you need to look at the spec - that one is rubbish compared to others you can get for less credits.

Once you've got through those balls, try the GI2-S balls for 64cr per sleve - the meter is slower than that 100cr starter ball, and has some spin which will be useful.  Some people prefer distance balls over spin balls, but I think it's more important to have a bit more spin than the extra yard or two you would get out of a cheap distance ball.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2022 12:42 PM

MioKontic:

Scott - you've just bought a Starter Ball (Slow Meter) for 100cr.  Before buying balls you need to look at the spec - that one is rubbish compared to others you can get for less credits.

Once you'd got through those balls, try the GI2-S balls for 64cr per sleve - the meter is slower than that 100cr starter ball, and has some spin which will be useful.  Some people prefer distance balls over spin balls, but I think it's more important to have a bit more spin than the extra yard or two you would get out of a cheap distance ball.

Scott...I should have mentioned in my post that the one thing that is FREE here is sage advice ^^^

Mio, Paul (Alosso) and many others have a wealth of experience. 

ct

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2022 2:44 PM

It only gets worse (moving back on teebox) after reaching Master, and then worse Legend. 

I would recommend joining an active country club. There are many that don't place demands on your time in the game. It will provide you with shared knowledge and things like "Putter Pal" and "Shot Pal". Those two programs break up your power meter with hash marks or divisions for more precise distance.

We all run into slumps and go backwards a bit. Keep at it and the rewards will come. 

PS.  you can earn over 1000 credits per week watching vids on your phone app. There's 75 videos @2 credits each or 150 per day consistently. I play them while watching tv or paying bills. Honestly...  I'm doing them as I type this.  Easy peasy. 

RSS