Forums

Help › Forums

Reflect

Mon, May 16 2022 5:22 AM (115 replies)
  • ct690911
    6,789 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 5:22 AM

Actually, what would be more beneficial is Drones. The USA is sending more Drones and this is a good thing for Ukraine. The Russian Air Defence capability is very good and could continue to knock fighter jets out of the sky (even from Russian soil). Drones fly too low for them to do this. More armed Drones could be a bit of a game changer for Ukraine. (IMHO)

• craigswan
    24,851 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 6:43 AM

Polish pilots would have to fly planes into ukraine airport . Crossing into ukraine just to leave again is still enough to declare war according to the russians .

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 8:54 AM

craigswan:

Polish pilots would have to fly planes into ukraine airport . Crossing into ukraine just to leave again is still enough to declare war according to the russians .

Or Ukrainian pilots go to Poland to collect the aircraft. 

• HenryKawa
    1,659 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 4:39 PM

Henry - Ukrainian Golf Federation:

Sorry I am late commenting in this thread.  

First of all, I would like to thank everyone here for the support you have all given to Ukraine and Ukrainian people (including me).   It means SOOO much. 

I want to apologize to any WGT members who I have angered in the past because of my ignorance.  I promise - that will never happen again.

My comments about the war.  Ukraine appreciates the support from so many countries around the world: the military equipment, sanctuary for millions of people fleeing with their children and elderly, food, clothing, sleeping bags, medicine.  Thank you.  Without that support, that war would be over and Putin would be closer to European domination.   Its in every countries best interest that Putin is stopped now.   What would have happened if Hitler was not stopped.  HE MUST BE STOPPED.  Nato must recognize that Ukrainians are dying to save the world right now.   I hope they don't ignore the fact that if Putin wins - Europe and the rest of the world is in big trouble.   He will know he can do what ever he wants.   China will also be empowered to take over countries they have been threatening for years.   World order will be NO MORE!

• HamdenPro
    1,485 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 6:18 PM

HenryKawa:

I would like to thank everyone here for the support you have all given to Ukraine and Ukrainian people (including me).   It means SOOO much. 

I want to apologize to any WGT members who I have angered in the past

Unfortunately, it sometimes takes an awful tragic event to bring people together as they understand what is important. The game is fun, but not important. Such moments also make one realize that petty disagreements within the threads are just that, petty. We are all members of the same community. I truly believe that, for the most part, people are good and can sympathize, and show empathy, for those less fortunate.

I appreciate that Boss started to this thread for those who want to take a "time out" and reflect.

I appreciate your words Henry; they are honest and heartfelt.

Our prayers are with the people of Ukraine.

Henry, four times declined in the past, not this time. Friendship request accepted.

God bless.

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2022 1:09 AM

I posted a heartfelt statement on my own Facebook page yesterday, about the need for NATO to intervene NOW. If they don’t Moldova and Finland both border Russia and are not in NATO , so will be next ? Will NATO still sit back and say , if you arnt in NATO we don’t fight for you ? Putin is a bully , and bullies don’t stop of their own free will , they only stop when they are made to. I am ashamed that NATO stands by and watches like we all do , at the total destruction of residential areas, total destruction of towns and Cities. It’s time to act to stop this madman , even  at the risk of the war escalating. Fathers , uncles, grandfathers fought *** in ww2 , if they hadn’t we wouldn’t be here with the freedoms they earnt for us. Je suis Ukrainian !

• pdb1
    23,359 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2022 2:06 AM

bossbird:

Do you think it would be too much to ask that people on these forums , myself included , step back a bit from back stabbing , blaming and finger pointing , and reflect on what is happening today in the real world. 
    I for one am now finding it hard to think about anything other than what is going on in Ukraine , and as such everything else to me is totally irrelevant.
    The effects will be world wide , it will affect all of us , this game isnt even a speck of dust in comparison. 
    Lesley 

As has been said . This is timely . And appropriate .  After a few pages of nit picks and avoiding the issue and topic . It is back with some interesting and thought provoking comments and information . About the topic .

A rare non WGT topic .

And as extreme as this comment from Joe sounds . They may be the minimum changes that could be a reality . There is potential for results far worse than that .

gonfission:

Cicero733:
    who knows what aspects of our various infrastructures maybe effected.

Access to your money in the banks - GONE.... Try to get 10,000.00 in cash today...

Water - shut off, unless on well.... with electricity

Electricity - shut off    so much for the well. get a hand pump

FOOD - logistics, no trucks or trains etc... Buy *WISE* food supplies for 25 years

Travel - Every bridge will have a military contingent, stay the fork home

Information - No change, all horse hockey anyway. Darkness will be your narrative into the future. Still despise that word......

Gasoline, diesel, heating oil all will be cut-off

Natural gas - shut off

I can go on indefinitely, I would hope I need not...

Just so you all know, I alone can affect ALL of the above at a MOMENTS notice. I have spent my life learning how people control others. Take away the means of communication as well

Shutting off town water is EASY, same for ALL the other utilities we use

Switches, and valves. No rocket science here

NO INTERNET. no one thinks of that one

Buckle up Rosemary................

In fact since that post Putin has looked to be even more determined to provoke even higher levels of illegal warfare . Literally before we know it . There actually might not be a Ukraine .

How is this even possible ? Since 90% of the world disapproves of his actions . Why has he been allowed to get this far ?

I know that if we or other world powers step up . Then we will be accused of starting WW3 .

Other reasons include not wanting to sacrifice 10.s of thousands of our young brave US soldiers . ( very good reason ) .

Sanctions are not going to work . Puitin cares little more for his own people than he does Ukraine . He is so war driven and deranged . He will let Russia go broke and starve . Before he ever negotiates peace . And when and if he ever negotiates anything . You can bet the farm . If you still have one . That he is lying all the way .

I have no diplomatic or reasonable answers .

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2022 3:52 AM

I am not a war strategist by any means , but I don’t believe it would be necessary to send in thousands of troops on the ground to defeat Putin. His own troops have been stuck in a convoy for two weeks north of Kyiv , the damage to Ukraine is coming from long range missiles and rockets often launched from inside Russia. I don’t know the answer , I just don’t want Ukraine standing alone in an unequal battle against a bully rogue leader. More help is needed now before it is too late.

• ct690911
    6,789 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2022 5:42 AM

NATO is providing copious amounts of weaponry and advanced combat systems to those engaged in the fight. Putin may turn the country to rubble in order to "win", but only those inside Mother Russia can stop him. 

Putin has been called a war criminal by the POTUS and has even been compared to Stalin. Paul is correct when he says that Putin cares little for his own people's welfare. The goal of the sanctions is to make their lives so miserable, that they forcibly remove Putin. It won't be the first time regime change has been accomplished this way.

I personally don't see Putin advancing beyond Ukraine in the short term. He won't have the manpower to hold Ukraine and also start another war with (for example) Finland. Finland and Sweden both have strong militaries.

Comparing this situation to Hitler in WW2 is simplistic. If it would remain strictly a conventional war, then other countries would have been involved long ago. As I said, only those inside Russia can stop this psychopath.

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2022 6:53 AM

Those inside Russia are not going to stop him , they don’t even know what is going on . Ordinary Russian people don’t stand up to a dictator , they are not free to do so. 
    The threat of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons is real whether other countries are actually fighting or not , at your own assessment he is a psychopath. You may think my comparison to ww2 is simplistic .your view just differs from mine in that I believe greater force standing with Ukraine  is the only way to make his people see him for what he has done sacrificing Russian young men in a war that is unjustified.

RSS