Forums

Help › Forums

Reflect

Mon, May 16 2022 5:22 AM (115 replies)
  • bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:02 PM

Sam , I do spit back , perhaps I shouldn’t , so ok , I apologise for responding in the manner I did .

• looselugnutz
    788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:09 PM

HamdenPro:
    Any suggestion on club selection to extract myself from this uncomfortable position?

I'd suggest, maybe, using a high quality shovel to extract ones head from said bunker. And as for dimplage... If one utilizes the old 'sheaf toss,' the quantity and quality of dimples really doesn't matter.

Scott

• callaghan159
    5,517 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:11 PM

bossbird:

Sam , I do spit back , perhaps I shouldn’t , so ok , I apologise for responding in the manner I did .

Lots of trolls on here so you got to expect a comment eventually. 😂😂

• HamdenPro
    1,485 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:13 PM

bossbird:
    Sam , I do spit back , perhaps I shouldn’t , so ok , I apologise for responding in the manner I did

I actually think Sam's reply was directed at me and my post above (2:27).  I am interpreting it to mean it took approximately 2 hours 27 minutes and then I hijacked your "step back".

As I explained to Sam, in a PM, I totally appreciate the seriousness of what is happening. I too am very frightened. To be honest, I have been scared for almost a year about what is happening in, and to, America. It is incredibly strange, and scary times, we are living through.

I apologize if my reply seemed cold or uncaring. The truth is, I hide from what is happening, here on WGT, whether playing and chatting with friends or participating in the threads. I would rather try to forget real life for a little while each evening. I think that is reasonable. I merely attempted to lighten things up a little and clearly it has rubbed some people the wrong the way.

• ct690911
    6,790 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:29 PM

" I merely attempted to lighten things up a little and clearly it has rubbed some people the wrong the way."

You're sure not alone in that regard, Steff.

ct

ps: I think we are all a bit "scared"

• SamSpayed
    4,103 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:39 PM

HamdenPro:
    I actually think Sam's reply was directed at me and my post above (2:27).

No, it wasn't directed at you, HP.  It was a reply to Lesley, who was attacking someone almost immediately after she had asked all of us to "step back" from doing that.  Anyway, she replied with an apology.  

• Sniperdad2018
    5 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 3:49 PM

callaghan159:

bossbird:

Lots of trolls on here so you got to expect a comment eventually. 😂😂

Wasnt trolling. I just kinda resent the suggestion that we need to " reflect" on whats going on in the world as if we dont already or were somehow unaware because we play a silly little golf game that doesnt really matter . Profound stuff right there . 

• Duphpherer
    186 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 5:07 PM

He's a level 3 troll. Best to ignore. 

bossbird:

Sniperdad2018:

Its a golf game and forum associated with it. Really dont need to " reflect" on politics while reading the posts or playing the game. Plenty of other outlets will accommodate that area need be.

And you think some of the crap that’s written in these forums is to do with golf ! 
    This part of the forum is for all other stuff , enjoy burying your head in a bunker !

• Robert1893
    7,250 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 8:28 PM

Sniperdad2018:
    Profound stuff right there . 

I suppose it wasn't especially profound. But none of us really is. 

It was, however, thoughtful and caring. Any community is benefitted by someone doing that and suggesting we demonstrate those qualities to each other more. 

It's a good reminder. And it's one I can always use. 

@bossbird: Well done. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,232 Posts
    Fri, Feb 25 2022 1:08 AM

Robert1893:

Sniperdad2018:
    Profound stuff right there . 

I suppose it wasn't especially profound. But none of us really is. 

It was, however, thoughtful and caring. Any community is benefitted by someone doing that and suggesting we demonstrate those qualities to each other more. 

It's a good reminder. And it's one I can always use. 

@bossbird: Well done. 

+1

RSS