Forums

Help › Forums

Reflect

Mon, May 16 2022 5:22 AM (115 replies)
  • bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 10:36 AM

Do you think it would be too much to ask that people on these forums , myself included , step back a bit from back stabbing , blaming and finger pointing , and reflect on what is happening today in the real world. 
    I for one am now finding it hard to think about anything other than what is going on in Ukraine , and as such everything else to me is totally irrelevant.
    The effects will be world wide , it will affect all of us , this game isnt even a speck of dust in comparison. 
    Lesley 

• ct690911
    6,790 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 10:42 AM

Timely post Lesley. 

ct

• Sniperdad2018
    5 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:01 PM

Its a golf game and forum associated with it. Really dont need to " reflect" on politics while reading the posts or playing the game. Plenty of other outlets will accommodate that area need be.

• Cicero733
    1,729 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:12 PM

It’s a very good thought, but this concern maybe answered sooner than we think. Appears a new approach to warfare is being initiated as we currently mull over your suggestion. Sounds like we are very close to engaging in for real cyber warfare and who knows what aspects of our various infrastructures maybe effected.

• gonfission
    1,943 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:33 PM

Cicero733:
    who knows what aspects of our various infrastructures maybe effected.

Access to your money in the banks - GONE.... Try to get 10,000.00 in cash today...

Water - shut off, unless on well.... with electricity

Electricity - shut off    so much for the well. get a hand pump

FOOD - logistics, no trucks or trains etc... Buy *WISE* food supplies for 25 years

Travel - Every bridge will have a military contingent, stay the fork home

Information - No change, all horse hockey anyway. Darkness will be your narrative into the future. Still despise that word......

Gasoline, diesel, heating oil all will be cut-off

Natural gas - shut off

I can go on indefinitely, I would hope I need not...

Just so you all know, I alone can affect ALL of the above at a MOMENTS notice. I have spent my life learning how people control others. Take away the means of communication as well

Shutting off town water is EASY, same for ALL the other utilities we use

Switches, and valves. No rocket science here

NO INTERNET. no one thinks of that one

Buckle up Rosemary................

• ct690911
    6,790 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:35 PM

Cicero733:

It’s a very good thought, but this concern maybe answered sooner than we think. Appears a new approach to warfare is being initiated as we currently mull over your suggestion. Sounds like we are very close to engaging in for real cyber warfare and who knows what aspects of our various infrastructures maybe effected.

You may be on to something. I don't understand why the Russians are blowing up the country they want to own? Cyberwarfare may still achieve Putin's end game without all the carnage.

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 1:03 PM

Sniperdad2018:

Its a golf game and forum associated with it. Really dont need to " reflect" on politics while reading the posts or playing the game. Plenty of other outlets will accommodate that area need be.

And you think some of the crap that’s written in these forums is to do with golf ! 
    This part of the forum is for all other stuff , enjoy burying your head in a bunker !

• Cicero733
    1,729 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 1:06 PM

The scenario being described at present is that since Russia has initiated the “kinetic’” part of this war the next phase is cyber with NATO determining what cyber targets to hit and assessing whether NATO aligned nations can withstand the expected cyber response.

• HamdenPro
    1,485 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 2:27 PM

bossbird:
    enjoy burying your head in a bunker !

Just out of curiosity, assuming I did bury my head in the bunker, lets say 30-40%, 135 yards from the green, wind is coming from the 5 o'clock direction at 12-16 mph...

Any suggestion on club selection to extract myself from this uncomfortable position?

EDIT: Do the number, and location, of dimples have a bearing on club selection?

• SamSpayed
    4,103 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 2:49 PM

bossbird:
    Do you think it would be too much to ask that people on these forums , myself included , step back a bit from back stabbing , blaming and finger pointing , and reflect on what is happening today in the real world. 

bossbird:
    enjoy burying your head in a bunker !

Looks like the step back lasted 2 hours and 27 minutes ⌚

RSS