Help › Forums

Time ... and the Difference Between Truth and Fact

Fri, Feb 25 2022 8:08 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 7:30 AM

Truth and Fact:

Wishing you all the very best in life—may love, peace, health, and prosperity permeate your life. Cheers, Jess

ica

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 9:03 AM

JessicaOfCourse:
    If you've read this far, congratulations…you are one of the few readers of this post. You are likely upset with something I've shared or believe my commentary to be malicious in one extreme or blatantly trivial in the other extreme.

Im not, Never spoke to you and have read many posts. 

One thing I will say is that this is a strange place in many ways, Its a message board/Forum with a whole lot of Facebook users on it. Honestly it just makes me laugh at the absurdity of it all.  

JessicaOfCourse:

Wishing you all the very best in life—may love, peace, health, and prosperity permeate your life. Cheers, Jessica  

https://youtu.be/PECmjB9df0w

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 9:17 AM

"And a reminder, before you write some snide, snarky response..."

I read the vast majority of posts on here (incl yours) and I don't recall anyone being this way with you. The decision to leave is your own, of course, but I did find this point ^^^ a bit odd.

That said, there are those who post regularly on here and get hammered...lol

ct

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 9:22 AM

Wishing you all the very best in life—may love, peace, health, and prosperity permeate your life. Cheers, Jessica  

Jess.  Please don't leave the forums.  You have been a breath of fresh air.  I like your outlook on life and your thoughts about WGT and the forums.  

Don't worry about the people who are negative or the people who may put you down....  Believe me, there are more people who like you and appreciate you, than the ones who criticize.   The silent majority always out numbers the vocal ones who take pleasure in causing pain to others.    I've always asked, why don't we all just get along at all costs.  Even though I have had some disputes in the past, I love my fellow man and I want no harm to come to anyone.  

Jess, we care about you and listen to your ideas and thoughts.  You are valuable to WGT and the forums.  I like you and hope you choose to spend at least some time in the forums.   I promise I will always be here for you or anyone else who needs to talk with someone about abuse they have taken either in the forums or in real life.  

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 9:46 AM

To be fair, the only other post I can recall of the OP's was the one titled "Learning to let go..."

If I recall correctly, all of the responses there were positive. So, I have to agree with ct. I find the comment about "before you write some snide, snarky response" a bit out of place. Of course, maybe some of the OP's other posts received those types of responses. 

And I don't mean this is a snide or snarky way, but if one wants to have a discussion of truth, I don't know framing it by using the dictionary or Wikipedia will provide the depth or nuance one would (ideally) like to have. 

To be fair, I've been more influenced by Kierkegaard (truth as subjective) and Bonhoeffer (truth as a function of relationships or in the context of relationships). So, that's how I would approach the topic. 

In any case, to the OP, be well. I believe all on here also wish you love, peace, health, and prosperity.

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 11:44 AM

To be fair, I've been more influenced by Kierkegaard (truth as subjective) and Bonhoeffer (truth as a function of relationships or in the context of relationships). So, that's how I would approach the topic. 

Interesting. No Aristotelian influence? More on the truth is relative side as opposed to absolute?

To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true” (Metaphysics)

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 11:57 AM

So this is one of those “look at me I’m leaving “ attention posts ? Ok. Bye ? 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 12:08 PM

Cicero733:
    Interesting. No Aristotelian influence?

On politics, absolutely. Love the analogy of the feast. 

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 1:13 PM

Currently, the only philosophic food I have been digesting is Cicero “On Old Age” (de senectute).

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 5:44 PM

Robert1893:

Cicero733:
    Interesting. No Aristotelian influence?

On politics, absolutely. Love the analogy of the feast. 

Dr Seuss is my philosopher of choice...:)

• PAGES
RSS