Forums

Help › Forums

tournament

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 15 2022 4:05 PM (22 replies)
  • niblick8
    34 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2022 9:50 PM

Just noticed someone shot 49 for 19 holes. That's ridiculous,   no one in real golf could shoot 49. Why not change your software so it's realistic. Just sayin...

• mhiker830
    9 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2022 11:29 PM

For the Game Day tournament? I saw that too. Shot +1 myself and given the tournament greens, I was very pleased. Should have been even, but still pretty happy...that is until I saw all the top players somehow shot more than 20 under par.

This is the first WGT tournament I have participated in, are they all like this? I'm not saying I'm an incredible player, just started playing a couple weeks ago, but more than 20 under par seems impossible. Am I wrong?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 2:52 AM

No offence intended, but your 61.06 ain't too shabby either, and out of the ordinary in real golf. You will be a Legend soon!

That said, this game isn't "all real". It's to be and to stay a "click your mouse" computer game.

Have fun!

• billycash74
    2,074 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 6:14 AM

niblick8:

no one in real golf could shoot 49. 

this is a video game not real golf

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 6:44 AM

niblick8:

Just noticed someone shot 49 for 19 holes. That's ridiculous,   no one in real golf could shoot 49. Why not change your software so it's realistic. Just sayin...

Besides what was said above, if they did change the software so players who now score 49s wouldn't be able to do so, your average would (at least) be 10 strokes higher as well. 

In other words, most of your scores would likely be between 38 to 40 for 9 holes. 

Would you be happy with those scores to accomplish the goal of the game becoming more "realistic"? 

• Tribal556
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 7:50 AM

It s the business model for tournament  that is ***, 

Buy the ball, and slow all shots.

No timer, calculators going strong, and buy you slow down.... Now it s been like that on every golf sim, but still...

• Tribal556
    2 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 7:55 AM

thoses punks could be golfing or whatever eles, as long as using tools pay.

that s the sadness of it, it just maths, and it pays, so they do it.

No interest at all into golfing, pvp, or anything else... nd you can't get rid of thoses people.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 8:05 AM

Robert1893:

niblick8:

Besides what was said above, if they did change the software so players who now score 49s wouldn't be able to do so, your average would (at least) be 10 strokes higher as well. 

In other words, most of your scores would likely be between 38 to 40 for 9 holes. 

Would you be happy with those scores to accomplish the goal of the game becoming more "realistic"? 

You seem to think he wouldn't and I don't see why (my impression of what/how you wrote, I know you didn't say that).  I'd be fine with it.

@Billycash he seems to know that hence making the comparison between the two.l

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 8:40 AM

"You seem to think he wouldn't and I don't see why (my impression of what/how you wrote, I know you didn't say that).  I'd be fine with it."

Dodgy, you are a 55 avg Tour Champion. You are saying that you'd be happy as a 65 or 70 avg Legend? 

With your obvious dedication and talent, I personally think you would become frustrated very quickly. 

Hmm, I am a 68 avg legend. I guess I'd be a 75-80 legend? (maybe still a master or TM)

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 9:35 AM

mhiker830:

For the Game Day tournament? I saw that too. Shot +1 myself and given the tournament greens, I was very pleased. Should have been even, but still pretty happy...that is until I saw all the top players somehow shot more than 20 under par.

This is the first WGT tournament I have participated in, are they all like this? I'm not saying I'm an incredible player, just started playing a couple weeks ago, but more than 20 under par seems impossible. Am I wrong?

With better equipment and balls, those scores were what one would expect. That's especially so given the course and conditions.

To start, Wolf Creek is an easy course. Additionally, for this tournament, the tees were not the back tees. The course played to <6,400 yards. Even with the starter ball, some of the par 4s were driveable. Moreover, I don't recall the winds being tough at all. Plus, the greens were tournament-1 speed (i.e., 11). That's not bad at all.

Given the conditions, every hole was easily birdieable and multiple holes provided better players with looks at eagles. Mix in it being unlimited play, and it was perfect conditions for very low scores.   

I'm only a decent player, and I shot a 59  with the starter ball (29/30 that included a bogey on the back 9 because I wasn't paying attention). And I only played 1 round (no restarts) with no apparel enabled that gave me any real help. 

RSS