Help › Forums

What Happened to the 2 Big Monthly's!?

Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:34 PM (205 replies)
  • Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 5:40 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Slimjim001:

Posting on this thread is like jumping into a piranha infested river. 

LMAO Let me try my luck...

Been reading the whole thread here and... the OP (along with the folks from the same turf chiming in mostly) are whining, no sorry... complaining essentially because "their" potential credits have been dramatically reduced overnight. Don't come up with that "No, this is about the passion for competition or love for the game or making the game better for everyone" BS now. You and I know it's not true. I hope you can admit that much at least.

So your reason for posting was cause you do not like our club. Good for you bud.  Your argument makes little sense though. 3 players got paid on the monthly tier tournaments.  The credits are nice but guys can make that playing brackets and ready go's much quicker than once a month.  And with only 3 being paid, no guarantee to cash. I myself play every month and dont cash but just hoping for that 1 round that i can compete in it every once in a while.  

Sorry you dont like our club or some members in it, people love to hate us yet many once they get to know us actually do like us.  Heck we have members from other clubs in our club chat.  We have a diverse membership with players from all walks of life and ability in the game and seem to get along just fine with them.  I will say i hope you type faster than you play otherwise that was 2 days of typing you wasted to hate on us. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 6:16 PM

Schmails3:
    I will say i hope you type faster than you play otherwise that was 2 days of typing you wasted to hate on us. 

See? Maybe this is one of the (many) reasons why you're hated so much. Pick up something on a person and try to laugh at. The only thing you can do right.

Did I ever disturb anyone me playing slow? I even asked WGT to put me in the first group so that I wouldn't cause any delay although I deserved to be in the final group. Do I count dots when I play with someone in coin rooms? No, I don't. Go around and ask people. They'll tell you. By mentioning what you just did, totally irrelevant made you look real ridiculous and reveal the true colour of yours.

Go ahead, keep on mocking. Let's see how this goes. Dale!

• Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 6:41 PM

See Dale, you took a jab at my club first, so i took a jab at you, whether right or wrong.  So then by your justification, we are hated for same thing you did. 

-Danny 

• BBoyce
    204 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 7:28 PM

"SimonTheBeetle"

This guy is a GEM!  I love it.  A kid who says Why do you take winning credits so seriously? And that he wouldn't come to the forums to try and attempt to change the system yet here he is.....in the forum....trying to offer his opinion on something he claims is useless in game currency to most people here.....*shrug*     

And your 'plata o plomo' comment and the use of the word Kai is simply fascinating.  Im glad you found it funny and interesting.  You are like the guy at the bar in Good Will Hunting. Trying to be witty and attempt to look intellectually greater than most. I believe you even went as far as saying something on the lines of why CK club is hated by so many?  Exactly what poll did you use and how many voted to gather this info?  I look forward to more rich and insightfulness in future posts Simon.  You seriously may be my favorite childrens author moving forward in these threads.  Keep up the good banter lad.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 8:18 PM

Schmails3:
    The problem with the change is that it takes away something from the top players which is actually limited already. Dont forget many of these guys have actually made good money from this game, anywhere from $1000 to over $50,000 per year alone.  There needs to be something for them as well to keep them intrigued and playing.

If many of these guys have already made anywhere from $1,000 to over $50,000 per year from this game, why do they need more? 🙄

Schmails3:
    They offer many free tournaments where they pay out, why cant they do the same for top players?

I would guess that what WGT already pays out today to the top players -- for free -- for just the eTour and the Live Series alone -- far surpasses what they pay out to all other players.  

• Schmails3
    168 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 8:55 PM

Of course you missed the point of my post.  Its not about need, its about keeping them intrigued and interested in the game. Smh.

For eTour im not sure WGT pays out alot, the money comes from DreamHack and sponsorship with the European Tour.  Live Series the finals payout well but its a month long unlimited grind that WGT makes a killing off of with balls im sure.  

So let me state this again since either you dont comprehend or just want to continue to post and argue for no reason, its not about the need, they could make much more playing brackets and ready gos on a monthly basis than these tournaments. Its about giving them tournaments that keep them playing if thats what WGT wants.  If WGT doesnt care about growing the game and just have it for guys like you and me, thats fine too but taking away or changing these events will probably take away some of the top players.  You already have some like Birchi, Golfx3, etc that just play now for eTour.  And no one is going on twitch or youtube to watch me or you play this game. 

• JSmithers
    1,263 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 9:23 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Slimjim001:

Posting on this thread is like jumping into a piranha infested river. 

LMAO Let me try my luck...

Been reading the whole thread here and... the OP (along with the folks from the same turf chiming in mostly) are whining, no sorry... complaining essentially because "their" potential credits have been dramatically reduced overnight. Don't come up with that "No, this is about the passion for competition or love for the game or making the game better for everyone" BS now. You and I know it's not true. I hope you can admit that much at least.

Makes me wonder... Why do you take winning credits so seriously?? Especially now that Amazon gift cards are gone 86 since March 2020 and there is no tangible way to convert them into real cash value. I do amass & save credits whenever I can to buy balls & gears I like, and I can assure you watching videos for 150c everyday and playing rounds here & there every once in a while get me plenty enough to keep me going. I'm sure it's the same for most players here. Maybe credits have some other values for you "we outside of the circle" don't know about. I don't know... What I know for sure is most definitely I wouldn't come to the forums and attempt to change the system to win some more useless in-game currency to most people here.

If you don't like what WGT gives you, then create one(s) in your CC. You have enough resource and people in it, I 'm sure.

One fact I find funny and interesting is that your "plata o plomo" attitude, embracing those who chime in and pipping those who oppose suits perfectly the name of your place. As a matter of fact, the term Kai (会) in Cobra Kai (コブラ会) is often used and associated with groups or organizations formed in the dark for illegal purposes such as the infamous Triad (三合会). I'm almost certain you didn't have any of these back in your mind when you named it but... helluva coincidence, eh?

Lmao you ok?  Coming into the party late, hot and pregamed up

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 9:48 PM

WGTNico:

When it comes to the two monthly's, we made changes based on what we see from other tournaments. When more players have the opportunity to win, more players are likely to enter them.

I totally understand. But why reducing total purse? Why don't you just split it in 10 players for example?

Like someone said, it's not like your are losing money from credits at the same rate you are selling them.

Top 3 only seemed a bit too much from a certain view but now you have taken the opposite road way too far.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 9:53 PM

Schmails3:
    Its not about need, its about keeping them intrigued and interested in the game.

Schmails3:
    Its about giving them tournaments that keep them playing if thats what WGT wants.  If WGT doesnt care about growing the game and just have it for guys like you and me, thats fine too but taking away or changing these events will probably take away some of the top players.  You already have some like Birchi, Golfx3, etc that just play now for eTour.

And I'm perfectly OK with some top players calling it quits or cutting back on their play because they're no longer intrigued by or interested in the game.  IMHO, WGT does not need to suck up to them.  Like I said earlier in this thread, they are not irreplaceable.  Personally, I haven't missed birchi or golfx3 one bit, and I doubt that many others who play WGT have either.  In fact, I'd wager to say that the vast majority of WGT players have never even heard of them.  Other talented players have already taken their place, and the WGT world lives on.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2022 10:51 PM

@BBoyce

Glad you liked my comments. ;) Nah, I'm done. I'll stop wasting my time with you piranhitas. Sorry to disappoint you.

JSmithers:
    Lmao you ok?  Coming into the party late, hot and pregamed up

Hey Josh, my old friend! I'm OK. No no, I've been here the whole time (it's not a party without este Simoncito eh? LOL), just that you've been too busy with your asocios and didn't see me. Aw... LOL

A friendly reminder though seriously... You gotta do something about the CC name since it really sounds bad, somewhat dark & mafioso in the original language, not to mention that it reminds of the one from the movie you know which.

Thanks for organizing this wonderful party. Enjoying it muchísimo so far!

RSS