rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 5 2022 7:06 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2022 10:24 AM

JBBJones:
    I just spent hours of my life...

I haven't bought a huge number of clubs in my WGT career, but you know what JB, I've felt that too.

I am wondering though, whether it has something to do with the Virtual Equipment Model (VEM). If VEM uses data from how you play your clubs to modify your game, then with new clubs, maybe there is no data, and so it has nothing to use to determine how to modify your game until such data becomes available.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2022 12:54 PM

JBBJones:

I just spent hours of my life watching free videos to get the 3005 credit Taylormade Stealth driver which now goes 291 yards with my hat.  When I bought it the meter was smooth; the meter was slow and smooth;  and I could center it exactly on the white center line with no problem.  As soon as they promoted me one level up.. I'm now 72... the club meter speed went back to the way it was, maybe even worse.  It starts slowly and accelerates as it enters the center area, sometimes being choppy and disappearing only to appear pegged full right and my shot goes right and out of bounds... lost ball.  So it is obvious that when you buy these clubs the meter is slow... and when you get promoted WGT erases that performance and resets you to original performance.  Some might call this a bug but it is really designed by WGT to get you to buy more clubs.  They think you will be ok with spending all that money and then you won't notice the driver is no longer controllable.  I had over 100K in silver coins... now since my driver goes 291 yards, when I can't center the meter it results in worse results... it goes farther into the rough or OB.  When you are promoted all WGT is doing is moving you back on the tees and changing your meter so you can't play any more... why.... to get you to spend money.

The meter speed has nothing to do with your being promoted.  I suspect the starter balls you are playing with are the culprit.

I just sent you a sleeve of the WGT GI3-S balls to try.  They have a 2.5 meter speed, which will be much slower than the starter balls and may seem smoother as well.  Give those a try and see what you think.  If you like them, they are only 99 credits a sleeve... easily purchased by watching the videos.

I did notice that you have a L6 TopGolf glove equipped, which slows down the meter speed on your driver, and the 4.5 meter speed of your driver should help as well.

Good luck 🍀

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2022 2:30 AM

callaghan159:

Kalliste:
    A wired mouse is always better in my experience.

Even a wired mouse does not last forever. I've had to replace a couple of them as the contacts inside wear out. Cheers

Just a couple? I think I have worn out about 6 or 7 in my almost 13 years playing WGT. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2022 4:22 AM

borntobesting:

callaghan159:

Kalliste:
    A wired mouse is always better in my experience.

Even a wired mouse does not last forever. I've had to replace a couple of them as the contacts inside wear out. Cheers

Just a couple? I think I have worn out about 6 or 7 in my almost 13 years playing WGT. 

I havent been playing as long as you. I am sure I will go through a few more over time. 

• PAGES
RSS