why cant this game just work?

• JC00713
    95 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:11 AM

fast meter speed clubs.

• etjulprou
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 9:52 AM

since I moved up one tier it seems the meter is faster is it normal ? or it is a bug on the game ? 

• TimHorton
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 10:23 AM

Meter speed has been very poor for me for the last 6 weeks or so.  I haven't changed clubs or balls and used to be able to hit the meter either on the nose or very close 95% of the time.  Then about 6 weeks ago, something obviously changed as it became nearly impossible to hit the meter on the nose, and to be honest, I'm glad when I'm just close now.   

I was on the final hole of a coin game this morning needing only a par on a par 5 to win.  I teed off and clicked the mouse a little before the exact sweet spot on the meter........and it blew completely through to the farthest right side. My shot went into the farthest right rough, and after it took 2 shots just to get out of that, I double bogeyed for the loss.  

Something has changed. 

• rjteeithi
    673 Posts
    Sat, Feb 26 2022 8:56 PM

JC00713:

fast meter speed clubs.

at my level, Ive gone years without changing clubs

• Kalliste
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 5:38 AM

If you have a wireless mouse then that could be the problem of your `hit` not stopping on the ding line and going past it. A wired mouse is always better in my experience.

Just trying to help......

Kind regards

Listee

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 1:10 PM

Kalliste:
    A wired mouse is always better in my experience.

Even a wired mouse does not last forever. I've had to replace a couple of them as the contacts inside wear out. Cheers

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2022 7:51 AM

Two things....

WGT changes the meter speed regularly by some milliseconds to prevent people using third part software (aka auto dinger). This is old news...has been happening for years.

Secondly, the meter speed seems faster when we are a bit tired (after a long day or playing the game for 2+ hours).

PS

When i have couple of glasses of wine, seems slower..:)

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2022 8:14 AM

callaghan159:

Kalliste:
    A wired mouse is always better in my experience.

Even a wired mouse does not last forever. I've had to replace a couple of them as the contacts inside wear out. Cheers

That's only because you forget it's wired when you throw it at the wall after missing a putt...lol

• JBBJones
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2022 8:20 AM

I just spent hours of my life watching free videos to get the 3005 credit Taylormade Stealth driver which now goes 291 yards with my hat.  When I bought it the meter was smooth; the meter was slow and smooth;  and I could center it exactly on the white center line with no problem.  As soon as they promoted me one level up.. I'm now 72... the club meter speed went back to the way it was, maybe even worse.  It starts slowly and accelerates as it enters the center area, sometimes being choppy and disappearing only to appear pegged full right and my shot goes right and out of bounds... lost ball.  So it is obvious that when you buy these clubs the meter is slow... and when you get promoted WGT erases that performance and resets you to original performance.  Some might call this a bug but it is really designed by WGT to get you to buy more clubs.  They think you will be ok with spending all that money and then you won't notice the driver is no longer controllable.  I had over 100K in silver coins... now since my driver goes 291 yards, when I can't center the meter it results in worse results... it goes farther into the rough or OB.  When you are promoted all WGT is doing is moving you back on the tees and changing your meter so you can't play any more... why.... to get you to spend money.

• PAGES
RSS