Help › Forums

Strange things & Hidden Objects

Mon, Sep 18 2023 8:44 PM (310 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 4:09 PM

DodgyPutter:

HamdenPro:

Do you believe that the ball shown above could be a left over ball from when a player could pick them up?  I also seem to think that the player could not pick up a ball unless they had a bag.

Do you, or anyone else reading this, know anything about this? If anyone has actually picked up a ball, it would be great if you could chime in.

I don't really, although it seems I was just about here, it sounds like it was an option in skins and just meant you were out of that hole.  It was buggy though and often transported players in space and time :-)  

I was aware that, at one time, the cc option, said something like "Pick Up Ball" and when people did that, it caused a loop in the game putting them back to the same hole the ball was "picked up".  I was talking about the ability to literally pick up a ball. I remember reading something about something "Lizzie" said about picking up balls was useless as all you could do was put them in your bag but could not use them.

I tried looking for the thread but have not found it. However, it did find one where there was a promotion. Balls were placed in bunkers and near ob. If you found one, you got a free sleeve of the type of ball you found. That sounds pretty cool if you ask me. WGT Please do it again!!

Find balls and get free sleeve

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 4:57 PM

"Strange things" ?

OK, we went to the Zoo and da missus fed some of her left over pot roast to a Python. The Zoo folks said they had never heard a snake burp before. I always carry Rolaids when I know it's her cooking and offered some to the giant reptile. It just rolled on it's back and kinda moaned...it actually looked a bit pale. "Another first", said the Zoo keeper. They kindly asked her to avoid feeding the Alligator. They claimed it had a sensitive stomach.

She decided to take their advice and simply wobbled off to shop for souvenirs.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 5:01 PM

Did some deep searching after my nap from the early bird special .  turnes out it was twosday and we had fish sticks and green beans ,  with apple sauce ,  mind you it had been put throu a blender ,  they call it a WGT smoothie .  . 

SO im thinking that the balls we might see on the corse might be ghost,s left in the said picks and never removed even if picking them up cant be done now .  

Off to bed after my nap .

OPY

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 5:25 PM

opyeuclid:

Did some deep searching after my nap from the early bird special .  turnes out it was twosday and we had fish sticks and green beans ,  with apple sauce ,  mind you it had been put throu a blender ,  they call it a WGT smoothie .  . 

SO im thinking that the balls we might see on the corse might be ghost,s left in the said picks and never removed even if picking them up cant be done now .  

Off to bed after my nap .

OPY

Opy...I'm certain that Steff didn't mean to imply that you are an "old man". She simply meant that you have been with wgt a long time...which you have. 

ct

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Feb 27 2022 6:05 PM

ct690911:
    Opy...I'm certain that Steff didn't mean to imply that you are an "old man". She simply meant that you have been with wgt a long time...which you have

Sure I didn't....

EDIT: No, seriously, what Colin said.

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2022 3:26 AM

HamdenPro:

DodgyPutter:

HamdenPro:

Do you believe that the ball shown above could be a left over ball from when a player could pick them up?  I also seem to think that the player could not pick up a ball unless they had a bag.

Do you, or anyone else reading this, know anything about this? If anyone has actually picked up a ball, it would be great if you could chime in.

I don't really, although it seems I was just about here, it sounds like it was an option in skins and just meant you were out of that hole.  It was buggy though and often transported players in space and time :-)  

I was aware that, at one time, the cc option, said something like "Pick Up Ball" and when people did that, it caused a loop in the game putting them back to the same hole the ball was "picked up".  I was talking about the ability to literally pick up a ball. I remember reading something about something "Lizzie" said about picking up balls was useless as all you could do was put them in your bag but could not use them.

I tried looking for the thread but have not found it. However, it did find one where there was a promotion. Balls were placed in bunkers and near ob. If you found one, you got a free sleeve of the type of ball you found. That sounds pretty cool if you ask me. WGT Please do it again!!

Find balls and get free sleeve

I think that link might well be the 'ball found' thing, but can't say for sure; it was certainly around that time.  It was just a random gift to random players.  It would have been me who said Lizzie got one, but it was too long ago for me to remember any details.

As for the ball you see in the picture - that will most likely have been a real golf ball (maybe thrown away in disgust, a cracked ball, or maybe the player just didn't look in the right place after hitting it), or maybe something that looked like a golf ball but isn't?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2022 3:59 AM

MioKontic:
    It would have been me who said Lizzie got one

It was not long ago that you mentioned it, this thread p8.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2022 7:37 AM

More phantom lines while another player is hitting.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2022 10:57 AM

HamdenPro:
    More phantom lines while another player is hitting.

I think that is a glitch as well, not something that is purposely programmed into the game.

RSS