Tue, Jan 25 2022 11:18 AM (26 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 5:07 AM

Come on colin .

Your being bullied .

Thought you were better than that .

Bullies are everywhere.

Sadly, they seem to be a constant fixture in any social group..

Online forums are a breeding ground for bullies .

Bullying is about power and dominance. In online forums, bullies use words to intimidate, isolate, and degrade their victims..

They make fun of their victim’s intelligence, get everyone to laugh at him, and in doing so isolates and degrades their target. In this way, their victim is neutralized, and serves as a strong reminder to everyone of the bully’s power. Bullies rule through fear..

The best way to get yourself into a bully’s little black book of horrors is to appear weak, uncertain, and emotionally vulnerable. New members to a social group are also a bully’s favourite because they are new, unproven, and do not yet have a support system. They are alone – and therefore easier to hunt-down .

Bullies usually hunt in packs .

Challenge a bully and they lose it .

They have little to no empathy, and are only interested in their own activities, and their own power. A bully may help others who are in his gang, or help other respected members of the community, but only for his own advancement and glory. .

My quote is a historically truth .. Nothing more . Nothing less .

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 5:38 AM

Why be a forum bully .

Many forum bullies use the internet as a release mechanism for their real-world anger or frustration . 

You cannot shout at your boss .

Human nature is such that we respond more quickly and more strongly to negative comments. In this way, forum bullies are the ones that get the most attention and the most followers..

Report bullying behavior to the administration - pointless personal attacks will quickly ruin a perfectly good online community..

Many people act as if reporting bullying behavior is somehow cowardly, or is a suppression of free-speech. That is not the case at all .

Bullying and personal attacks are not free-speech, rather it is verbal abuse. .

The more bullying there is, the more bullying it will attract..

The only way to fight negative verbal attacks is by dispelling it with humour .

Most of us do not think of ourselves as bullies. We are all heroes in our own minds .

The key though is to recognize those negative actions and to take steps to correct them..

When we commit negative acts and bullying behavior, we not only hurt others, but actually end up hurting ourselves most..

Today, many of us see nonresistance as a weakness..

After all, if we turn the other cheek, we may just keep getting slapped..

Bullies try to turn everyone into their likeness .

You know who you are .

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 5:40 AM

Here comes dodgy to say i copied and pasted this .

A form of bullying right there .

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 5:59 AM

@Craig

Good dissertation Craig, but I happened to agree with Lesley's take on my post. It was in poor form so I deleted it. Admitting and correcting an error in judgment is not being bullied.,

cheers,

ct

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 6:10 AM

Only you can decide that colin .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 6:19 AM

craigswan:

My quote is a historically truth .. Nothing more . Nothing less .

I'm not sure we can call it that, it's someone's opinion.  Actually you are probably quoting "Who Me" who is in turn quoting part of this article. I think it's a very good article, and I agree with pretty much everything they say, but I still think it's opinion.

As to the copy/pasting you admitted it this time, I'm not sure pointing out plagiarism is bullying.  Suggesting it is bullying, in a bid to get away with continuous plagiarism, could be. 

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 6:48 AM

Why do you feel the need to spend the time finding out where i copy from .

Trying to belittle me . A form of bullying .

I do not hide from it .

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 6:48 AM

Why is it called " plagiarism " when someone shares something attributed to one person but "research" is acceptable when it is borrowing from a large host of people?

I can't imagine someone challenging Jonas Salk on the act of standing on the shoulders of others to find a cure to save millions of lives? Oh...they did (see video)

"Could you patent the sun?"

What does this have to do with anything and everything else ?

Let the player play...I say :) It's all for fun.

Cheers, 

Jessica (Of Course)

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 6:53 AM

Let me be honest here .

Sammyboy is the worse bully of all on here .

He continues to put everybody down in most threads whatever your point is .

You know this sam .

Why .

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 7:01 AM

Craig I felt 1. The comments were totally posted at the wrong time , Ukraine being currently under threat of being over run. 2. These comments were nothing to do with the original posters question , and therefore did t need to have been said. 3. My comments were most definitely  not bullying , you should know me by now to know that is the last thing I am , I stand up to bullies and I stand alone often in that respect. 
    Now if you want to take this further friend me and we can discuss privately , this forum posting is dead , as the OP has found his answer.
    Lesley 

RSS