Forums

Help › Forums

SKINS GAME

Fri, Dec 8 2023 1:18 PM (5 replies)
  • sueomeara
    2,903 Posts
    Thu, Jan 20 2022 6:29 AM

Hi,

Are any of you having trouble when trying to play a skins game. Every time I try I accept the invitation from friends and it comes up game cancelled, or not eligible. A group of 4 of us all tried to set the game and all got the same answer.

I have written to WGT about it but got no response, any help would be appreciated.

Sue

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Jan 20 2022 7:43 AM

I'm not sure if this is the reason and hopefully someone who knows more about it can chime in with a better idea but it might be because of where one or more of the players lives. The game may be using your location to prevent you from playing "Skins" games because it is not technically "Legal" where you live. I believe that the skins games are legally considered a form of gambling as you are wagering "credits" on each hole and online gambling may not be available where some players live so it blocks them.

Also, did you request to have WGT change your flag from the Union Jack to the St G's Cross? Funny as it may seem, this might be the issue too. I believe there are a few glitches when you have your flag manually changed by WGT.

• sueomeara
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 12:39 AM

Hi MarchieB,

Thanks for the info I have written to WGT again but so far still no reply, and still can't play the game. All I want is to set a fun practise game not to gamble, just set a fun tourney for my members.

Sue

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 4:27 AM

MarchieB:

I'm not sure if this is the reason and hopefully someone who knows more about it can chime in with a better idea but it might be because of where one or more of the players lives. The game may be using your location to prevent you from playing "Skins" games because it is not technically "Legal" where you live. I believe that the skins games are legally considered a form of gambling as you are wagering "credits" on each hole and online gambling may not be available where some players live so it blocks them.

Also, did you request to have WGT change your flag from the Union Jack to the St G's Cross? Funny as it may seem, this might be the issue too. I believe there are a few glitches when you have your flag manually changed by WGT.

I think that’s the issue the individual union flags , Scotland , England etc does preclude some tournaments whereas the Union Jack doesn’t.

• sueomeara
    2,903 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 12:11 AM

Hi bossbird,

I think so too now as we can't play Match Play either. I just wish WGT had told me when I asked for the change that it would restrict my self and the others to only playing Stroke Play. It's so unfair after all in real life players play under their country's flag so why shouldn't we. WGT say they want the game to be true to life well so do we, and there is no country called The United Kingdom. But there is ENGLAND, SCOTLAND WALES & NORTHERN IRELAND.

Sue

• PAT3361
    50 Posts
    Fri, Dec 8 2023 1:18 PM

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the info I have just recently discovered this glitch,I have contacted WGT regarding the issue, but after reading some of the responses I don't expect an answer never mind a solution, Do you know if the issue appears with NO country flag also

Regards

Pat

RSS