Forums

Help › Forums

Almost every short putt is downhill?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 19 2022 6:24 PM (4 replies)
  • bobyero
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 6:50 PM

Practically every putt under 2ft since i started checking is downhill. Even obvious uphill putts like after i hit a long downhill putt  past the hole, the short return should be uphill. But apart from very steep putts like BP#15 or OAK#2  the indicator shows around 0.5 inches downhill. I've decided to ignore what the game is telling me and just use my judgement.

The other thing is a ball hanging on the edge of the hole (0.2ft) shows as 0.9inch downhill. Is the central core of the ball (rather than the point where the ball sits on the ground) where this elevation is measured from or is this a bug?

I know its only 2ft but what if every distance is slightly off in elevation? Would explain why I don't hole everything. : )

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 7:44 PM

It's an optical delusion of the mind 

• Trtr30
    32 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2022 5:55 PM

bobyero:

Practically every putt under 2ft since i started checking is downhill. Even obvious uphill putts like after i hit a long downhill putt  past the hole, the short return should be uphill. But apart from very steep putts like BP#15 or OAK#2  the indicator shows around 0.5 inches downhill. I've decided to ignore what the game is telling me and just use my judgement.

The other thing is a ball hanging on the edge of the hole (0.2ft) shows as 0.9inch downhill. Is the central core of the ball (rather than the point where the ball sits on the ground) where this elevation is measured from or is this a bug?

I know its only 2ft but what if every distance is slightly off in elevation? Would explain why I don't hole everything. : )

I’ve not seen anything specific on this but I always assumed it includes 7” to the bottom of the cup. Sounds stupid but that’s my take.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Jan 19 2022 5:20 PM

the explanation was given a little over 7 years ago from the date on the video and could likely be found in the forums somewhere and obviously on youtube.  it was explained by Fmagnets. 

• bobyero
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jan 19 2022 6:24 PM

el3n1:

the explanation was given a little over 7 years ago from the date on the video and could likely be found in the forums somewhere and obviously on youtube.  it was explained by Fmagnets. 

No luck finding it in forums but thanks for the video. At least Im not going crazy if magnets was also looking at this issue.

Cheers

RSS