Forums

Help › Forums

Bert's corner.

Fri, Jan 6 2023 11:43 AM (25 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 7:37 AM

Hello all.

Unfortunately 2022 came bringing the worst possible news, at least for all the members of TCC and many many other folks throughout the whole WGT community. Our dear friend Bert (Achtbaan) passed away unexpectedly. I believe all the people who knew him will agree that Bert was a real gentleman, a rare person indeed who joined us for so long in this WGT journey always with his laughter and his amazing sense of humor. 

I have decided to honor him by starting some sessions on my twitch channel (you can find the link on my profile page) regarding various aspects of the game. The idea is to help as many as i can to get better in this game that Bert loved (and hated...) so much!! Of course next year we will be organizing a whole tournament in his memory.

If there's an interest folks, please post some questions and i deal with them live. Surely, we can discuss during the transmission about various things regarding the game. I was thinking a good day is Sunday evening (at least to me) around 20.00 UK time.

Rest in peace my friend!! 

• WUISENRIKE
    1,228 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 8:57 AM

Of course, we would like to thank yiannis for this great initiative moved by love and affection for a great person who was and will always be our friend Bert.

I am going to tell you how I met this great guy:

One day, I was with my friends in the bar of the golfos and bert came in, I do not know if to buy tobacco or to ask for some direction .. no longer left here, always a smile, kindness, he knew how to understand and enjoy our humor and made an effort to learn a little our Spanish language.... our waitress / secretary Cindy (the voice of the google translator), he got a lot of laughter and good times ... come on, he had become one more golfo.

Here, we all miss him very much, but, we will always remember him with great love and tenderness.

Therefore, I thank yiannis, this initiative for this great person, who deserves much more and I hope to be in all those events that he proposes, in one way or another.

THANK YOU BERT

thank you yi

luis enrique

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 11:23 AM

Hello all folks. In 40' i will be starting Bert's corner for everyone who likes to join.

yiannis1970bandit - Twitch

• kelsp
    2,196 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 12:10 PM

Great move & act Yiannis. Bert is beloved and this way of honouring is super nice.

-kp

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 1:42 PM

RIP, Bert.

• KenBTEXAS
    281 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 7:24 PM

thank you Yiannis 

Very enjoyable.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 6:54 AM

We had the first session on previous Sunday and i thank all the guys who wanted to participate and honor Bert's memory.

We will continue this Sunday at the usual time (20.00 UK).

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2022 7:32 AM

R.I.P  Bert

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 1:30 PM

Tomorrow we will continue Bert's corner. Subject: Putting.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2022 7:30 AM

Tomorrow at 20.00 UK gonna have another session for ''Bert's corner''.

We gonna talk about resolutions, gaming options, dings, club mapping, club precision, balls, etc.

yiannis1970bandit

RSS