Forums

Help › Forums

And some people say you can't get covid twice...

Wed, Jan 12 2022 8:12 PM (22 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,946 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 4:29 AM

Lucky for me i have never had covid . Touch wood .

After someone catches Covid their immune system will generate a response that helps them to fight off the virus if they are exposed to it again.

It is not yet known how long this immune response lasts, and it is thought to vary between people.

The Omicron variant has many mutations which could make it better at infecting people who have had already Covid..

The Omicron variant in particular is thought to be more than five times more likely to cause reinfection than the Delta variant, according to an Imperial College London report, which could be due to the large amount of mutations in the spike protein..

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:30 AM

craigswan:

Lucky for me i have never had covid . Touch wood .

After someone catches Covid their immune system will generate a response that helps them to fight off the virus if they are exposed to it again.

It is not yet known how long this immune response lasts, and it is thought to vary between people.

The Omicron variant has many mutations which could make it better at infecting people who have had already Covid..

The Omicron variant in particular is thought to be more than five times more likely to cause reinfection than the Delta variant, according to an Imperial College London report, which could be due to the large amount of mutations in the spike protein..

Craig....I had a bad case of Covid in Oct 2020 (hospital for 8 days). The doctors told me that I should remain immune from another case for approx 6 months.

ctc

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 6:17 AM

ct690911:
    Craig....I had a bad case of Covid in Oct 2020 (hospital for 8 days). The doctors told me that I should remain immune from another case for approx 6 months.

Maybe the full article will help. 

• craigswan
    30,946 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 6:27 AM

Thanks dodgy .

I caught Ocular shingles after my second jab .

Apperently it lowered my defence system and let it in .

Adult chicken pox .

• craigswan
    30,946 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 7:46 AM

Corona Coughing GIF by Mecklenburg County

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 7:50 AM

My feelings are that COVID will be around for a very long time , and keep spiking with new variants. I suspect we will be encouraged to have annual boosters , a bit like the flu jab. I also suspect it will keep a lot of scientists and drug companies in work for a very long time. 
    Thankfully I haven’t had it , and hope not to, I am really careful who I mix with and need to protect my husband who has health issues.
    As I live in France where it was the norm to kiss in a greeting or at least shake hands , I think this will slowly return , but not get back to how it used to be. 
    Sharing of more knowledge and vaccinations will be very important . These things are just my thoughts , I am not a scientist ! 

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 8:32 AM

bossbird:

My feelings are that COVID will be around for a very long time , and keep spiking with new variants. I suspect we will be encouraged to have annual boosters , a bit like the flu jab. I also suspect it will keep a lot of scientists and drug companies in work for a very long time. 
    Thankfully I haven’t had it , and hope not to, I am really careful who I mix with and need to protect my husband who has health issues.
    As I live in France where it was the norm to kiss in a greeting or at least shake hands , I think this will slowly return , but not get back to how it used to be. 
    Sharing of more knowledge and vaccinations will be very important . These things are just my thoughts , I am not a scientist ! 

I make it a habit to read almost everything you post. Your "thoughts" are always clearly stated and on the mark.

This is just my thought...:)

ctc

• Cel7
    107 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 9:04 AM

anyone else find it downright funny that someone can post a perfectly fine post and within 11 minutes!!!!!!!.....he gets trolled.........i would suggest that 11 minutes might be some kind of new record, but i doubt it....i bet there are quicker examples around here...:)  Ok sleuths........find the quicker example....

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 9:50 AM

Ketket1:
    How was my comment "uncalled for". 

Sorry to pile on, but you questioned the relevance of his post and why he was positing it. 

It's relevant because it's a discussion board with all kinds of topics (both golf and non-golf) being discussed. The discussion board is not just about golf. The folder he posted the thread under is described this way: "Any other questions, thoughts, comments, or discussions."

That's why your comment is viewed as being "uncalled for."

I hope that helps.

RSS