Help › Forums

Charts and graphs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 24 2022 4:10 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Richie0613
    35 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 1:37 PM

What is the percentage of players who use charts and graphs for their shots, instead of using you head and play by the seat of your pants?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 2:34 PM

I reckon 73.62% use spreadsheets etc for some things;  some combination of wind, putting, approaches, but 51.45% for all of them ;-)

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 3:44 PM

Richie0613:

What is the percentage of players who use charts and graphs for their shots, instead of using you head and play by the seat of your pants?

and how exactly would anyone know that? or are you just advertising your own perceived skill in not using anything

• Richie0613
    35 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2022 5:06 PM

I figured as much. Some of the players are way to good for their tier level. Cheating in my book. Some of these players are unbeatable, they take 45 seconds to make a shot, so I figure they are up to something. This game is suppose to be fun. Real golfers are not able to do this during a game, to bad WGT cannot stop  what I consider cheat sheets. I love to win just as much as anybody else but  I want to know I figured the shot type out, not a computer.

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 1:37 PM

yep, if they are better than you they must be cheating, if you took all the cheat sheets away i reckon you would be the best player in the world

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 12 2022 10:41 PM

Richie0613:
    to bad WGT cannot stop  what I consider cheat sheets.
    Your opinion, o.k.

For me, detailled tables of club distances or putting power compensate for the lack of feel from real golf when playing in front of a screen. And if you understand this as a computer game+program, you might take it further, in the limits given by the T&Cs.

And of course there are "cheat sheets" in RL golf. Take the sophisticated course books of the pros for instance, and the GPS carts and watches which are widely available. One co-member of mine has compiled a list of all sprinkler heads' distances to the greens.

Cheating? No: preparation!

• Tabarnak777
    168 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 12:56 AM

So every professionnal gamers cheat. And they obviously don't have fun playing games, maybe winning real money and sometimes getting famous. What a waste of time after all...Stupid perfectionnists!

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 10:58 AM

Tabarnak777:

So every professionnal gamers cheat. And they obviously don't have fun playing games, maybe winning real money and sometimes getting famous. What a waste of time after all...Stupid perfectionnists!

And the OP is woefully uneducated about the PGA Tour. Every caddie has all kind of notes on every course including on how the wind affects the shots there. So I guess all the pros are cheats too. 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2022 11:12 PM

< removed by author >

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 7:45 AM

mbcarp99:

yep, if they are better than you they must be cheating, if you took all the cheat sheets away i reckon you would be the best player in the world

Nonsense...everyone knows that Henry Kawa is the best player.

• PAGES
RSS