Forums

Help › Forums

❤Love Letter To All The Putting Formula Players... NOT!💔

Mon, Jan 31 2022 4:55 PM (28 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:24 AM

@Robert;

Another important lesson is how this forum was designed for respectful discussion. We can disagree without being disagreeable. 

@All;

Robert and I know each other well from these forums and PMs. He knows how highly I regard his words and actions (front burner stuff during the charity events). Although we don't always agree, the respect remains. These types of discussions don't have to degrade into school yard nonsense in the forum, but alas they often do in many posts.

I didn't mean to digress from the main topic...but thought it worthy of observation.

ctc

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:26 AM

^ Absolutely agree.

Well said! 

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:45 AM

ct690911:
    Notwithstanding the unsolicited advice on putting, I think his main point was that folks who use calculators, complex formulas, etc, often miss as many putts as those of us who read, aim and hit the damn ball...it just takes them a lot longer to miss ...lol

That was the way I read it too.

Tangleputt:
    Show some class. Speed your play up.

Tangleputt:
    I'm sorry, but I've become increasingly frustrated by the painfully slow pace of the rocket scientists in Stroke Play. I absolutely cringe when I get stuck in a foursome with three other rocket scientists.

My advice to you, Tangleputt, would be to set up your multi-player Stroke Play games with fewer players (2 or 3), and set the Shot Timer to a lower value (60 or 45 sec, or whatever you feel most comfortable with).  That would help speed up the pace.

I'd also like to thank you for giving advice to players well past your own skill level 😁

el3n1:
    we don't feel the slopes of the green with our butt cheeks - we learn to memorize or calculate what putts will do based on certain flow of the dots

Wait... you mean I'm doing it wrong? 😕

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:50 AM

SamSpayed:

el3n1:
    we don't feel the slopes of the green with our butt cheeks - we learn to memorize or calculate what putts will do based on certain flow of the dots

Wait... you mean I'm doing it wrong? 😕

I forgot some of those out there - might have VR versions of the game where they use head goggles and chair that is wired to change the butt pad they sit on to read greens.  I forgot to take all those scenarios into consideration in my post. guess that is some next level VR for you.

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 11:59 AM

el3n1:

PureGro1:
    We all use a calculator, either our brain or mechanical means- some maybe faster with an actual calculator than they are doing the math in their head.

we don't feel the slopes of the green with our butt cheeks -

I thought I attributed most of my 72.45% putting to how the dots felt across my gluteus maximus. Guess I have to thank you Ed for another piece of solid advice 😁

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 12:02 PM

el3n1:
    I forgot some of those out there - might have VR versions of the game where they use head goggles and chair that is wired to change the butt pad they sit on to read greens.

Last night, I made a 50-foot eagle putt on Erin Hills #1, and one of my playing partners commented, "Wow... you really pulled that putt out of your a--".  I didn't want to give away my secrets, so I just said thank you.

On a completely unrelated note, the Phigolf Stick does not come with instructions on how or where you're supposed to grip it for putts.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 12:08 PM

SamSpayed:
    On a completely unrelated note, the Phigolf Stick does not come with instructions on how or where you're supposed to grip it for putts.

While I was excited last week at the thought of trying it....I will be pulling out of the bidding for your used Phigolf Stick.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 12:28 PM

SamSpayed:
    Last night, I made a 50-foot eagle putt on Erin Hills #1, and one of my playing partners commented, "Wow... you really pulled that putt out of your a--".  I didn't want to give away my secrets, so I just said thank you.

The only question I have is why you have any putts up your anatomy to begin with? 😉

• Babzilla33
    909 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 12:47 PM

Robert1893:

SamSpayed:

The only question I have is why you have any putts up your anatomy to begin with? 😉

I think the meter speed in the putter makes it easier to handle in the anatomy. 🙊

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 3:06 PM

😂

RSS