Forums

Help › Forums

Wind Speed

Wed, Mar 23 2022 9:11 PM (9 replies)
  • EvanDFuller
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2022 7:08 PM

When playing WGT, I’ve noticed that the wind speed hasn’t always been correct 100% of the time. I’ve been playing WGT in spurts for about 4.5 years. I’ve noticed that in the last year, the wind speed is not correct a lot more often than the previous years. I’d imagine I’m not the only player that experience’s this problem. Or am I? If not, how can this be fix to where it’s not off on an average of about every 3 rounds? Sometimes it’s completely off the entire time day/night or most of the log in session.

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2022 8:52 AM

Hi Evan,

I don’t have a scientific answer like some of the big dawgs, but I can say that there are definitely instances where the wind doesn’t play as stated, and the same for certain holes regarding elevation changes.   This is where taking notes is important.   I do use the course notebook for these quirks, and after a while you begin to remember where they occur, you check the notebook to verify and then play as you noted from a previous round.  That has worked well for me.

one other thing that I do is clear the cache on my app and restart it when things seem to be really out of whack.

Hope that helps

• Alpick1
    69 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:48 PM

Hi Evan,

Like my teammate BWerthy told you, taking notes is a very important habit to build among playing rounds because there is a lot of holes that requires little distance adjustments in this game, WGT is really not constant on this thing.

Also, 2 things comes in my mind. 1) WGT is using 48 different wind angle positions around the clock, so its really easy to get a miss wind angle reading that will surely screw your shots if you not pay attention, the more the wind strength, the more bad result you’ll get. 2) Bad wind angle views  : it is also very important, in order to get the right wind angle, to be able to align the blue line between the ball and the target. Many time you’ll get an offset view of this blue line so you should be able to make the correction to pinpoint the correct angle from where the wind blows.

Hope this could be helpful !

• SLS27
    15 Posts
    Sun, Feb 6 2022 4:40 PM

EvanDFuller:

When playing WGT, I’ve noticed that the wind speed hasn’t always been correct 100% of the time. I’ve been playing WGT in spurts for about 4.5 years. I’ve noticed that in the last year, the wind speed is not correct a lot more often than the previous years. I’d imagine I’m not the only player that experience’s this problem. Or am I? If not, how can this be fix to where it’s not off on an average of about every 3 rounds? Sometimes it’s completely off the entire time day/night or most of the log in session.

I agree completely. I am finding I adjust the aim box to the correct distance and hit a ding. The result is on the opposite side of the pin, the exact distance I calculated.

• rkearns469
    25 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 1:56 PM

as in real life, playing a tree lined corridor, the wind seldom affects much below the tree line, so I adjust for that, Occasionally, I'm right. Thoughts?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2022 7:45 PM

rkearns469:

as in real life, playing a tree lined corridor, the wind seldom affects much below the tree line, so I adjust for that, Occasionally, I'm right. Thoughts?

Agreed.  I also play less wind on tree-lined courses such as Congressional and Olympic.

• rkearns469
    25 Posts
    Tue, Mar 1 2022 11:18 AM

hey Sam, I still owe you a round from Christmas, tried to invite you, but have missed each time, 

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2022 2:35 PM

Definitely Fake winds at times and that "20" mph headwind isn't there or that Cross wind seems to be 10 times the stated speed and what I find interesting others claim it never happens to them.I also noticed on stroke games when the original person who set game leaves the lobby and another becomes the setter/launcher is when strange things happen.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2022 12:45 AM

In real life wind isn't constant so why would you expect a wind reading to be constant here?  Tour players wait for the wind to ease before many shots they take.  It's just unfortunate we can't feel the wind through our devices.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 9:11 PM

@pmm,my thoughts exactly. +1😁

RSS