Forums

Help › Forums

Introducing WGT's New Community Manager

Mon, Oct 2 2023 11:14 AM (84 replies)
  • WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 11:36 AM

Hey everyone, 

My name is WGTNico and I am the new Community Manager here at World Golf Tour. I’m happy to get to know and learn from all of youI have a background in community management, esports production/management, social media, and have been an avid gamer my entire life.  

It is only my first week here and I am still learning about WGT through playing a lot, reading through posts here, and checking out the livestreams. 

If anyone has any questions about my background, both professional and casual, I am happy to answer those as well! 

Thank you all again and cannot wait to talk more with you all! 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 11:47 AM

Welcome to the team WGTNico!

Look out for WGTNico around the forums and live stream chats. We have big plans and Nico is the missing piece to start making those plans into reality. 

And to anyone wondering if this means I'm leaving, I'm absolutely not leaving. My position has changed in so many ways over the last couple years that I haven't been able to dedicate the time to this community that you all deserve. Luckily that's changing quickly and you'll all be in better hands. 

Please send him your warm welcomes and friend requests. 

_CHAMPION 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 11:52 AM

Hi Nico, welcome to WGT 😁

Maybe you could take some time to give us an idea of what your roles & responsibilities will be here.  Will you be responding to questions and bug reports / issues raised here in the Forums?  Will you be giving us information and answering questions about WGT's future updates and/or future direction?  Or are you only (or primarily) focused on the marketing / promotions / events side of things?

The Community Manager title can mean many things, that's why I ask.

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:03 PM

Welcome to WGT Nico and a Happy New Year to you.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new role.

Best,

WillieSinkit

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:08 PM

Hi and welcome Nico :-)

SamSpayed:

Maybe you could take some time to give us an idea of what your roles & responsibilities will be here.  Will you be responding to questions and bug reports / issues raised here in the Forums?  Will you be giving us information and answering questions about WGT's future updates and/or future direction?  Or are you only (or primarily) focused on the marketing / promotions / events side of things?

The Community Manager title can mean many things, that's why I ask.

That's all very much what I was wondering.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:08 PM

Hey Sam thanks for the welcome!

You are very correct in that my CM title can wear many hats. Here at WGT you will be seeing me a lot on the forums interacting and answering questions, co-managing the livestreams, eventually doing more things within the in game tournaments. I will also be supporting the marketing team, and more things still to come.

Being able to do many things is actually what I love about being a community manager the most, it keeps me on my toes and everyday can feel different and fresh.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:11 PM

Thank you, and happy new year to you as well

WillieSinkit:

Welcome to WGT Nico and a Happy New Year to you.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new role.

Best,

WillieSinkit

• Gepetto1958
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:16 PM

WGTNico:
    cannot wait to talk more with you all! 

Good New Year's resolution!

Welcome aboard.

• WGTNico
    616 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 12:19 PM