Forums

Help › Forums

BALL RETRIEVER

Thu, Jan 6 2022 9:14 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 12:49 PM

No, not a dog...well, maybe, read on....

OK, here it is, this may be the first idea I posted that may come to fruition. Although, to date, I think the best idea in the history of WGT was the vegetable attire, but until the 21st Century catches up to my fashion choices, they will have to wait.  In the meantime,

A BALL RETRIEVER, that's right, you read right.

Think of how many balls go in the drink. If we were able to use a ball retriever, we would be able to recover our balls for further use while saving WGT programmers long hours, donning virtual scuba gear and retrieving balls themselves (that is how they do it. I saw it on YouTube - it's a real job!!). Think of how much data is used just to store the locations of each and every ball that gets wet that would be freed up for other profitable use. It is a win - win

Now, I know what you're thinking, why would WGT let us retrieve our balls when they sell us new ones?

WGT could sell the ball retrievers at an exorbitant price to make up for the lost revenues from balls. Let's face it, people will buy them. No, you say...  Have you seen anyone wearing a turkey on their head?....OK then.

Certainly, there are things to hammer out:

Can you retrieve "in game" with others playing? If so, will it cost a stroke because you are holding up the game? or, can you stop play to retrieve a ball from the water when it is not your ball?  If in game retrieval is allowed, will the chat censors allow exceptions?

Should WGT create a new mode of play? You would have the regular STROKE, ALT, PRACTICE, etc... and then have BALL RETRIEVAL? Should WGT charge a separate fee, like coins, to enter BALL RETRIEVEAL mode? Should there be head-to-head ball retrieving competitions?

Should there be different level retrievers available: LvL 20 with slight forgiveness and accuracy up to LvL 90 with awesome precision?

Should there be a Golden Retriever, or would that involve the ASPCA? Speaking of Golden Retrievers, what about them, they could assist those with failing sight, and speaking of failing sight, why is there no senior or student discounts in the pro-shop?

To sweeten the deal, WGT can equip the ball retriever to fit inside your golf bag. Once you purchase the ball retriever, it will automatically be equipped to your golf bag.

Now, once we get our golf bags, you know, the ones we have already purchased and have not gotten back since flash ended, the ball retrievers will be in them. How convenient would that be?  It would also make it worth the wait to get our golf bags, that we already purchased, and have not gotten yet (although the tiger shirts WGT was able to design and give away for free were cool), because, by the time we get those bags, there will be tons of balls to retrieve.

There will be so many balls, we will all need a retriever and sales will go up.

So, what do you think? I know two people already that would jump at the chance, but those are the only two I saw wearing Turkey Hats and Santa Coats.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 2:27 PM

HamdenPro:

You mean like this?

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 2:45 PM

SamSpayed:
    You mean like this?

Okay, so, what's your point?

Well, what about the Golden Retriever and Senior/Student discounts?

Have those been discussed before?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 4:20 PM

HamdenPro:

You actually thought this was never brought up before?  LMFAO

I even said we needed a virtual scuba diver like back in 2012.  

Good thought though...but in the future kindly use the search bar to the right before posting an original thought. ;-/

Well anywho...still love ya!

Nuf sed

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 4:29 PM

pmm711:
    I even said we needed a virtual scuba diver like back in 2012.

OMG!!!! You must be ancient. Like, 2012 was a long time ago!!!

Good for you, playing this game at your age. I wish my granddad played.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 4:31 PM

HamdenPro:

Well, what about the Golden Retriever and Senior/Student discounts?

Have those been discussed before?

The Golden Retriever is on page 2 of the thread I linked above.

Like pmm711 said, the SEARCH bar to the right can be your friend.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 7:37 PM

EDIT...Apparently my attempt at humor failed.  I am fully aware how to hit the ball on #1 with either shorter tees or a tailwind.  I use the punch shot often.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 7:49 PM

sent when not finished by accident.

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 7:54 PM

garyk49:
    Have you ever seen a ball in the water.  No you have not, even in the creek on #1 St. Andy

Actually, I have, but not on St A, on WC 5 par on the back 9, I remember thinking that it was bull that I could see it there in a few inches of water but could not hit it. I also saw a ball land on a rock and stay there (still a lost ball).  However, you point is well taken.

So, how about floating balls and a fishing net. Then they can sell waders in the Pro-Shop, the attire would not be useless as you could wear them when using the net to scoop up the ball.

garyk49:
    just try to find the one you just hit into the water there

For the record, I did not just hit it there, I hit it in the water on hole 1 on December 29, 2021 and have not played ST A since.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 11:37 PM

garyk49:
    HP, let me ask you a question.  Have you ever seen a ball in the water.  No you have not, even in the creek on #1 St. Andy.

Gary, We both know the balls hit in there every hour should be seen from the tee box as they'd displace all the water...basically the bern should be dried up and filled with balls since 1 week after WGT started in 2010.  We should need a 64 degree wedge to hit over the mountain of balls collected there for sure.  Don't ya think?  Nuf sed.  Happy New Year, Paul

• PAGES
RSS