Help › Forums

2022 Countdown Showdown Error

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 7 2022 10:25 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 5:14 AM

Reporting what happened to me during the Final round of 2022 Showdown in hopes that at some point a solution can be found.

On my first three holes at Erin Hills my opponent was struggling hitting from one hazzard to another and he abruptly quit on the first hole.  So we have all been there before and we are looking at the error code screen with the canel and retry options.  So I waited and waited and the game would never advance so I could continue play. 

5 or so minutes went by and I had no option but to close game and reopen it and I lost the opportunity to play the first 3 holes and were assigned the dreaded 3 bogey's for the first three holes.

We all understand that nothing is perfect but I am communicating what has happened so that the people at WGT can be aware that this is still happening to us and that way maybe they can find a way to rework or rethink this type of error.  It would seem like there should be a way to allow us to continue to finish our holes no matter what our opponent does.

Thanks for the opportunity and one day I know that this will be corrected.

I JUST KNOW IT !

Michael

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 8:07 AM

mrm6400:
    he abruptly quit on the first hole.  So we have all been there before and we are looking at the error code screen with the canel and retry options. 

Just close the App and reopen it do not hit "retry" or "cancel" Just close the app from your taskbar and reopen it. I hope it gets fixed to but in the meantime just do the above when someone quits and it hangs up- Do not click anything and do not wait.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 10:29 AM

i knew it wouldn't last. was so peaceful there for a while. not nearly as much clutter.

back to  burning up scroll wheels to get past  the over verbosity of BS.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 10:49 AM

Mythanatos:
    i knew it wouldn't last. was so peaceful there for a while. not nearly as much clutter.

It's going to get a lot worse, I'm afraid 🙄

• AlaskanDame
    18,957 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2022 12:08 PM

New glitch this time.  Not only were three bogeys awarded to my club member when the other guy quit on the first tee of Erin on hole 10 of the Showdown final round.  (Even though my guy closed the app and tried to get back to the game.)  My guy was given NINE bogeys and never a chance to play his last 9 holes, or even 6 of them.  His -12 in the first nine melted immediately to -3. (Champion playing in Veteran)

‘Twas quite a shame.

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 5:35 AM

Guys I was contacted by the guy who created the Showdown and he said that this would work to get you back going so you could finish the round by yourself.

Once the opponent quits and you get the screen with cancel or retry he said as the developer of the Showdowns that the cancel button is active and does now work.

His instructions were to click cancel one time and wait around 90 seconds and the system is set up to count that as a time out and then the screen is suppose to load and allow us to continue to play out the remaining holes or shots.

I will try it next time to see how it goes.  I do remember something about this before a few months ago but I guess I had forgot about it so I just waited for awhile 4 or 5 minutes and nothing happened so I closed app and reopened it and that gave me the three bogey's.

Just sharing this in hopes that it can help some of us to finish the Showdown's.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 6:43 AM

mrm6400:

Once the opponent quits and you get the screen with cancel or retry he said as the developer of the Showdowns that the cancel button is active and does now work.

His instructions were to click cancel one time and wait around 90 seconds and the system is set up to count that as a time out and then the screen is suppose to load and allow us to continue to play out the remaining holes or shots.

Thanks for the info

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2022 9:42 AM

mrm6400:
    the guy who created the Showdown

• PAGES
RSS