Forums

Help › Forums

TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER,

Sun, Jan 30 2022 7:24 PM (109 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,899 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 1:07 PM

HamdenPro:
    I was just teasing SamSpayed and meant no harm.

I get that, and I thought the picture was funny 🤣

HamdenPro:

When I set up tournaments in our club, that were unlimited play, the same person would win them all. How? Because he played them over and over and over again to make sure he won.

I eventually made strictly single play, this allowed different players to win. Whoever was "on" that round. Ironically, the unlimited, unlimited player, won very few after that.

So, I for one, prefer single play tournaments.

I prefer single play tournaments also, for that very reason.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 1:24 PM

It blows my mind that people go through so much stress and effort to "win" a virtual golf game. This is supposed to be 20% competition and 80% enjoyment and relaxation. 

I've learned over the years to pick my spots to be competitive and, after 30 years in uniform, a cartoon golf game simply doesn't qualify. 

Folks should play for the fun of it. Sure, a few coins or credits on the line to make the game interesting, and a golden opportunity to perhaps meet a new friend. (or as close as one can get to being a "friend" on line)

ct

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 1:46 PM

HamdenPro:
    You two are getting way too serious

I am never very serious...

HamdenPro:

For what it's worth, I mostly agree with Mr. Mostly Right. When I set up tournaments in our club, that were unlimited play, the same person would win them all. How? Because he played them over and over and over again to make sure he won.

I eventually made strictly single play, this allowed different players to win. Whoever was "on" that round. Ironically, the unlimited, unlimited player, won very few after that.

Ok, I can dig that...So its about the hot hand or everyone feeling they got a fair shake? 

My experience has always been the opposite and aside from a game here or there the best players tend to take the top spots- regardless of how many times they played- again this is from my perspective and experience and realize it could be different for others.

Just for the record the only WGT tourneys I play anymore are the 9 hole nation single play weekly.

SamSpayed:

Here, let me translate for you:  The readers of this thread understood you the first time you made your point.  

But feel free to state your point once again, in case anyone missed it the first two times 😎

I'm good, Your scientific poll taken of all the readers of this thread and your being the spokesperson for all of them is good certainly enough for me. ðŸ™„

Like I said, I didn't mean for anyone to take anything personal- If you did I apologize. My aim was a discussion but obviously this is not working. I haven't felt the need to be insulting, So My guess is I am not nearly has emotionally invested in this as you are and I will drop it here.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 2:12 PM

PureGro1:
    drop it here

+1

EDIT: 

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 3:22 PM

ct690911:
    This is supposed to be 20% competition and 80% enjoyment and relaxation. 

Is it?, where in the rules is that, maybe i missed it

ct690911:
    I've learned over the years to pick my spots to be competitive

your efforts to be competitive in the forum have always been commendable

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jan 23 2022 3:44 PM

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2022 9:29 PM

ct690911:

It blows my mind that people go through so much stress and effort to "win" a virtual golf game. This is supposed to be 20% competition and 80% enjoyment and relaxation. 

I've learned over the years to pick my spots to be competitive and, after 30 years in uniform, a cartoon golf game simply doesn't qualify. 

Folks should play for the fun of it. Sure, a few coins or credits on the line to make the game interesting, and a golden opportunity to perhaps meet a new friend. (or as close as one can get to being a "friend" on line)

ct

CT, for me its 99% winning and 1% passed off that some dumb luck was able to beat me.  LOL.   I used to be so much better than Young46, that I did lose only one game to him in all the 12 years I've been here.   ONE loss and that was a fluke.   So there  you have it folks.. finally the truth.   

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 8:29 AM

HenryKawa:
     I used to be so much better than Young46, that I did lose only one game to him in all the 12 years I've been here.   ONE loss and that was a fluke.   So there  you have it folks.. finally the truth. 

Dude, simple math. When you only play 1 match, the total number of matches you can lose is 1.

If you want to lose more, you're going to have to play him more. For example, if you play him 5 times, then you'll have 5 losses. Play 10 times? Then 10 losses. And so on.

I hope this helps! 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 12:34 PM

Robert1893:

HenryKawa:
     I used to be so much better than Young46, that I did lose only one game to him in all the 12 years I've been here.   ONE loss and that was a fluke.   So there  you have it folks.. finally the truth. 

Dude, simple math. When you only play 1 match, the total number of matches you can lose is 1.

If you want to lose more, you're going to have to play him more. For example, if you play him 5 times, then you'll have 5 losses. Play 10 times? Then 10 losses. And so on.

I hope this helps! 

That is waaaay too funny of a perfectly good explanation. Well done!

+1

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2022 4:01 PM

twinponds169:

Robert1893:

HenryKawa:

I hope this helps! 

That is waaaay too funny of a perfectly good explanation. Well done!

+1

I'm hurt.  Not hurt at the message.  Just hurt that everyone is laughing at me.  My feelings.  :(  

RSS