Forums

Help › Forums

Problem watching videos

Wed, Sep 21 2022 4:52 AM (49 replies)
  • CaptRon48
    181 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2022 4:47 PM

Just a bit of a rant. I have lost my motivation to play WGT roughly since first of year. It's directly attributable to not having any chance again to get credits from vids. Just when I was getting ready to try and take next step and start using premium balls.

I have spent money on game in past but last fall when I tried to use pre-paid  card it would not accept. I turned around and used card on another game I support.With out a definite way to be able to support using premium balls doesn't seem to make much sense to start only to be  later disappointed.

It just seems inherently unfair that WGT allows some players availability and not others to videos. And that is all it is.Had spells of 6 months before without vids then with no changes on my end they start again.But havent had any since beginning of year. I get it, it's their game but still unfair. Couple that with fact cant use pre-paid card( I don't put my CC# OL) and they have lost paying customer.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2022 5:36 PM

The phone app credits work consistently. Sometimes you have to reboot to clean cache or restart the app. Buggy but I can get 150/day, every day, off my phone.

It's the PC apps that are now real sketchy. There are 84/day when it works. 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2022 10:17 AM

CaptRon48:

It just seems inherently unfair that WGT allows some players availability and not others to videos. And that is all it is.Had spells of 6 months before without vids then with no changes on my end they start again.But havent had any since beginning of year. I get it, it's their game but still unfair. Couple that with fact cant use pre-paid card( I don't put my CC# OL) and they have lost paying customer.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I have about 6 months of steady playing WGT and the phone app vids have worked every day. There are issues sometimes with getting all 75 vids for 150 credits, but if I reboot the phone (clears cache) most times the vids continue even after getting the "Sorry" message. I think the phone vids are on a clock too. If you watch your vids in the evening, they usually won't be available the next morning.

Now the PC vids are really very sketchy. There were months when I first started they never worked, they were only a rumor. Then suddenly they worked consistently for a month or two. There was a time between Christmas and New Years, the PC vids were putting out nearly 800 credits PER DAY! 

PC vids have again been really spotty since Jan 1st. Works for a couple day than zero for a week or two. Today the PC vids worked for me and between the PC and phone, I got the normal daily allotment of 234. That's 150 phone app and 84 from PC.

Not sure why some players have more issues than others with the credits. There may be only a certain number of ads/vids allowed to be used, like a first come, first serve kind of thing. Perhaps the sales team is struggling to get sponsors for the PC vids? I'm sure the number of views is charted. 

I know from experience that a VPN can cause issues getting vids. Also clearing cache definitely makes for a more positive result.

Have you inquired with WGT? Hate to see anyone have to give up the game because of this issue.  Good luck! 

• puma1220
    5 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2022 7:56 AM

These videos are painful.  I sometimes use mobile, but for the most part use desktop.  It was working just fine for months.  Sometimes I'd even get a bunch.  Now, for the last few days, maybe 10 or 15 videos, then done for the day.  I guess I should feel fortunate for a good run...

• Ronster581
    21 Posts
    Sun, Sep 18 2022 4:31 PM

Hi all, for some reason on my mobile videos are not paying credits. That is, it may pay 2 credits for the 1st Video and then nothing after. I restart the mobile but that does not work. I have uninstalled and then re-installed the game, but it is still the same. I have sent an issue email to WGT, but I am not overly confident of getting a fix, at least not without several emails.  The Game would be a world beater except for these annoying problems that for some reason keep appearing.  Please WGT You have so many plusses, fix these Video, Survey and other issues and get your reputation back!

• WLawson22
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 4:36 AM

Same issue here.. past 2 days not getting any credits except for the first video then the video runs but not getting the credits. This morning just for the fun of it I cleared cache and ad id, reinstalled the app switch my vpn location. It ran videos for 2 hours non stop only time it added the credits was if I closed the app and restarted.

For the fun I loaded it on my old Iphone worked as is should. It must be an issue with the Android app. My PC works fine too.

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 10:11 AM

1. Yes, I watch them and get ) maybe 4 credits & probaly lost 50 -70 credits, No use contacting peanut labs or wgt . Both of them could care less.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 11:54 AM

I believe, most if not everyone, is sharing the same pain with phone vids. Hit and miss and mostly miss. At one point I watched 9 vids to gain 2 credits. Not worth the wasted time frankly. WGT is aware of the issue. 

However, the PC vids are working for me. I got 25 vids for 100 credits this morning. The PC vids seem to work best very early in the morning... like first come first served on a limited supply.  

• CaptRon48
    181 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2022 2:06 PM

Yes earlier the better. If I get on between 3am-5am est I get up to 800. Anytime after that quantity diminish drastically. But im totally aware it could end tomorrow for months. Never know.

• Kittykat2017
    513 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2022 4:52 AM

No time works for me. Wgt knows this & looking into it. Not going to hold my breath on this issue.

RSS