Forums

Help › Forums

Problem watching videos

Wed, Sep 21 2022 4:52 AM (49 replies)
  • Klbcomp
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jan 1 2022 3:11 PM

When I try to watch videos to earn free credits I get the following on the screen

true[X]

and nothing else.  It’s been like this for 4 days.  Can someone help?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 9:39 AM

The videos are only available on the mobile app, not on the wgt.com web site.

• Bun3107
    998 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 1:18 PM

Actually they do but its gone for now :)

• Klbcomp
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 1:48 PM

Is that new, I’ve been using the website for videos up until this problem

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 2:11 PM

Klbcomp:

When I try to watch videos to earn free credits I get the following on the screen

true[X]

and nothing else.  It’s been like this for 4 days.  Can someone help?

For me, it's been like that for 5 years. 😀

As Sam notes, you can watch videos on mobile devices. 

Even so, some players in my country club have reported they can watch the videos on the web like what you're referring to. Have no idea why some can and someone cannot. One person suggested it might be based on geography. Could be that. And it could just be WGT being WGT. 😉

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 3:57 PM

Robert1893:
    For me, it's been like that for 5 years

Not to state the obvious, as I am sure you know way more than me about computers and stuff, but have you tried downloading an Android emulator for Windows, install the WGT app from Google Play and run to see if you can watch the videos?

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 6:55 PM

HamdenPro:
    Not to state the obvious, as I am sure you know way more than me about computers and stuff, but have you tried downloading an Android emulator for Windows, install the WGT app from Google Play and run to see if you can watch the videos?

I'm referring to the videos on the website not on the mobile app. 

ttps://www.wgt.com/user/offers_videos.aspx

I have no problem watching the videos on my iPad or iPhone. But the videos on the website have had an X for the last 5 years or so.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 7:51 PM

About the only expertise I have at this game is watching videos for credits. :)

The PC credits are hit and miss lately. Before Christmas and for about 10 days, I was earning 725 credits per day, yes per day, on the PC alone. Then there weren't any for 3 days. Today at 4 pm I got over 140 on the PC when 84 credits per day is normal. All I can say is keep trying, reboot your computer, clean cookies and cross your fingers. 

The phone app is pretty consistent at 150 per day tho sometimes a struggle. Along with the "normal" PC credits of 84, should net you 234 credit per day... when everything is working as it should. Plenty of credits to get good equipment.

The phone app is a pain at times. Rebooting/restarting/throwing phone against the wall (not really) will sometimes get the credit coming again. 

The surveys just rip me off or I don't know the secret. Usually after answering a hundred questions it tells me to get lost. Never again... lol 

This post should show up in about 3 days. Hard to contribute and be relevant here when being moderated.  

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Jan 2 2022 8:10 PM

Oh, I did not understand. In any event, if wanted to watch them on a PC, or laptop, rather than phone, can do so with the emulators.  I did that for a while in a split screen, so I could still work, instead of using my phone.

I do not remember the videos ever working on my laptop, even when it was flash.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 9:26 AM

Duphpherer:
    The surveys just rip me off or I don't know the secret. Usually after answering a hundred questions it tells me to get lost. Never again... lol 

I totally agree with your opinion of the surveys. I got disqualified from so many, I started to keep track. After about 50 or so, I wrote a long email to WGT about having to take surveys to see if I qualified to take the survey designed to see what surveys I qualified for, which, IMO, was a survey.

My position was, each time I provided responses to the initial questions, to see if I was qualified to take the survey, which would qualify me to take the survey I was initially surveyed for, in a survey to see if I qualified for a survey, was, in fact, a survey, and by my count, entitled to over 3,000 credits for those surveys I took to see if I was qualified for the surveys that I could not take but wanted to take.

Eventually, after sending this email many times, I was credited over 3,000 credits. Following that, I then received an email from WGT asking if I would take a survey about their customer service.  In reply, I sent them a survey.

I did read in a thread recently, allegedly, the surveys are getting better. I am waiting to see what the survey shows of those people who are still taking surveys in order to qualify for surveys, assuming those are the ones being surveyed. Maybe, we should take a survey.

RSS