Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Wed, Apr 10 2024 1:08 AM (1,171 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,407 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2023 1:59 PM

craigswan:
    It makes me cringe when people use all caps for LMAO and LOL

Good to know - LMAO

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2023 2:28 PM

HamdenPro:

craigswan:
    It makes me cringe when people use all caps for LMAO and LOL

Good to know - LMAO

ROTFLMAO

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2023 2:28 PM

Interesting note about on the on line abbreviation, LOL. I believe everyone recognizes it as “laughing out loud”. “Back in the day” when internet based bulletin board and rudimentary chat programs were first introduced “LOL” was a warning to certain types of participates - it meant “lighten up or leave”.

• craigswan
    30,938 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2023 3:22 AM
    Groundhog Day . If the groundhog sees his shadow on February 2nd, expect six more weeks of winter. The tradition derives from the Pennsylvania Dutch superstition that if a groundhog emerging from its burrow on this day sees its shadow due to clear weather, it will retreat to its den and winter will go on for six more weeks; if it does not see its shadow because of cloudiness, spring will arrive early. They brought the tradition from Germany, substituting a groundhog for the German tradition of a badger. This tradition itself may be derived from lore that clear weather on the Christian festival of Candlemas forebodes a prolonged winter. Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania began its annual celebration in 1887, which now features Punxsutawney Phil.
  • craigswan
    30,938 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2023 3:45 AM
    Dodgy is usually a nickname for Dave . Largely independent you are an emotional person. Often hiding that part of yourself from others for fear of suffering. Thus you often prefer to rather be alone than with people who could discover your soft side . LMAO .
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2023 4:30 AM

craigswan:
    Groundhog Day

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2023 10:58 AM

x

• pmm711
    5,514 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2023 10:01 PM

craigswan:
    It makes me cringe when people use all caps for LMAO and LOL .

lmfao and lol in lowercase just doesn't look right...neither does gfy...just saying

RSS