Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Wed, Apr 10 2024 1:08 AM (1,171 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 10:11 AM

HamdenPro:
    Sorry Scott, I was sure yours would be on the list.

It might on a list somewhere where they keep the odd things.  8 )

26)  "If you fall over and break your leg, don't come running to me!"

27)  "Don't reach across the dinner table, it's bad manners. Haven't you got a tongue in your head?", "Yes mum, but it's not long enough!"

28)  Johnny, seated at the dinner table, shouts to his mum who is busy in the kitchen, "Mum, I hate dads guts!". Mum, not really listening, "Don't worry dear, just leave them on the side of the plate."

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 12:59 PM

LMAO Heard all of those! Now my role has been changed though : I was once a sayee, but now a sayer.

Call me nuts, but sometimes... I miss these, knowing I'll never be able to hear them again.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 3:14 PM

Well if he jumped off a cliff are you gonna follow him?  Be a damn leader for Christ's sake.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Aug 30 2022 3:34 PM

pmm711:
    Well if he jumped off a cliff are you gonna follow him?

Ha, I got that one a few times from my Mom. but it was more like "If she jumped off a bridge..."

I would respond, "it depends", depends on what, "well, Mom, exactly how high is the bridge?"

which would then lead to the inevitable, and often used..

"Don't be such a smart a$$" - and only once was my reply "better than a dumba$$"

Why only once, well, 1 face slap, I got the message loud and clear!

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 12:01 PM

Hi all,    

I used to get,   Your about as much use as a chocolate fireguard or teapot,    about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.     When God gave out brains you thought he said drains and asked for a empty one.     Now you've got something to cry  about.       And lots more but too rude offensive and just plain wrong.    ✌🙂

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 12:48 PM

spa75:

Hi all,    

I used to get,   Your about as much use as a chocolate fireguard or teapot,    about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.     When God gave out brains you thought he said drains and asked for a empty one

Hi !  Welcome to ODDS & ENDS :)

Never heard some of those, did hear "When God gave out brains, you were hiding behind the door" but yours ryhmes, and I like ryhmes.. :)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 1:08 PM

pmm711:
    Well if he jumped off a cliff are you gonna follow him?

HamdenPro:
    If she jumped off a bridge...

spa75:
    Your about as much use as a chocolate fireguard or teapot, about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

spa75:
    When God gave out brains you thought he said drains and asked for a empty one.

HamdenPro:
    When God gave out brains, you were hiding behind the door

LMFAO At this point, I guess it's safe to say these are genetically encoded in human DNA. Expressions may vary a little, but all in the same context no matter what language or culture. Shockingly amazing! LOL

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 1:35 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I guess it's safe to say these are genetically encoded in human DNA.

Translated from the Giza Pyramid.........Thought to be 4000 years old. I say more than 40,000 but that's not important.......

"What is wrong with children today? They are lazy & rude to their parents"

So, even at a paultry 4000 years of discord, don't expect change, any time soon

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 1:54 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    I guess it's safe to say these are genetically encoded in human DNA. Expressions may vary a little, but all in the same context no matter what language or culture. Shockingly amazing!

Not really shocking, when think about, all those expressions are contained here as well...

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2022 2:05 PM

Eat your crusts and your hair will go curly .

Don’t make that face or the wind will change and you’ll stay like that .

I’m not asking, I’m telling .

RSS