Forums

Help › Forums

ODDS, ENDS and OTHER THINGS..

Thu, Mar 21 2024 10:01 AM (1,170 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2022 3:52 PM

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2022 9:31 AM

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2022 9:48 AM

I was just reading something, I found interesting, in another thread.

A few were commenting on the use of the phraseology:

I could care less; and

I couldn't care less.

It seems to me that use of both would be appropriate but are not equal or having the same meaning. It depends of course, to what extent does someone care.

Using the phrase "I could care less" would range anywhere from 1 - 9 on the "HP CARE LESS" scale (1 being the least amount of caring less). Using such a phrase means that you care less but could care less even more so.

Using the phrase "I couldn't care less" would be a 10 on the "HP CARE LESS" scale as, obviously, as so stated, the speaker could not care anymore less than they do. IMHO

It also seems, that depending on the extent someone cares, the phrase "I could care more" and "I could care less" may be the same, but not the same as "I couldn't care less", however, "I couldn't care more" can never be the same as "I could care less" or "I couldn't care less".  The reason for this is simple. If one could care more, than obviously they care less, otherwise, they couldn't care any more.

At least, the user of any of the above identified phrases, cares. That is a good thing, more or less.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2022 1:39 PM

I think it's just laziness HP, the less effort you can put into saying something seems to be the norm these days. Saying 'could' instead of 'couldn't' or 'could not', will add microseconds to your free time, which is so worth having!!

Here's another odd one...

"Hey Scott, answer the door!"

...since when did doors learn to speak?

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 6:23 AM

ScottHope:
    "Hey Scott, answer the door!"

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 6:25 AM

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2022 9:24 AM

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 6:03 AM

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 9:46 AM

OMG!! I have never seen a look so content...

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,865 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2022 5:45 PM

Then after midnight, I started watching an episode of Boardwalk Empire,  Nucky is attacled in his home, he kills three men, Eddie helps Nucky fight off ther bad guys, they escape in a car and....Eddie's been shot...in the abdomen...he had kept it to himself while they were shooting back at the killers..."You've been shot!" says Nucky.....

lol

RSS