Forums

Help › Forums

Terrible, Terrible Gameplay

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 18 2022 10:15 AM (57 replies)
  • Infinitebaffle
    26 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 4:39 AM

Hello, you have a problem here WGT. The math does not add up on many of the holes on this game. Some holes, in most of the courses,  have +15 - +20 yards on approach. Time to fix the math guys. Then, can we do anything about the "Hurry up/Slow down" meter? If these problems don't get fixed, I see a mass exodus in your future. Fix it for Christ sakes!

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 1:09 PM

haven't noticed any holes with that much needing to be added, can you elaborate on which holes you are referring to?

• AlaskanDame
    18,870 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 1:43 PM

There are some mislabeled pins, such as distance to pin on St. A’s #9, but a comment like that belongs in the Bug Log.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 4:05 PM

While I've seen a few holes that seem to play longer or shorter...  I'm almost never 15-25 yards off. Unless of course I add instead of subtract or vice versa for wind and elevation which I then chalk up to old-age brainfart. 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:11 PM

Infinitebaffle:
    The math does not add up on many of the holes on this game. Some holes, in most of the courses,  have +15 - +20 yards on approach. Time to fix the math guys.

If I can make a suggestion... ALWAYS make sure you place your aimer directly on the pin and look at the aimer box to confirm the exact distance.  Sometimes WGT will put your aimer box at a different distance by default.  This happens a lot, for example, when you're hitting a 3 wood for your approach or tee shot.  

• Infinitebaffle
    26 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 6:42 PM

I understand. I have playing this game for 10 years. Torrey pines front nine has a few holes that are adding 7-10 yards to a measured shot. Then, sorta like a couple holes on the back nine of Kiawah Island, Merion front nine has a hole or two that require quite a bit of extra yardage to hit the mark. It's like hitting an approach with water, or a large trap, in front of the green. If we are using numbers to measure our distance to the shot pin, I'm just saying the game should have some consistency across all courses.

Same with meter speeds. I understand WGT wants our high dollar balls, but it's ridiculous that they are speeding up meters to make players slice into the water or out-of-bounds. Can any other players back on this, cause it is an obvious phenomenon?

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:51 AM

Do what I do and keep notes on holes that play long or short. Easy peasey.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:03 AM

Infinitebaffle:
    Some holes, in most of the courses,  have +15 - +20 yards on approach. Time to fix the math guys.
    It's rather time to adjust your expectations.

On real golf courses, you have the design lengths printed on the scorecard, but there's only a rare chance that the length of the track from tee to pin matches this exactly - same here. On STA, RSG, KIA and others, one pin is exactly at the scorecard length shown on the tee (the other obviously isn't), but there are different concepts between older and newer (in WGT terms) courses, including the hole lenghts of certain USO days, and a few errors.

For instance, note that the Legend tee on BPB #15 is shorter than the Master tee - because this was set in one USO round of 2009.

Also, PIN #4 has the length of a Par5 from 2005 but is designated a Par4 like in 2014 - difficult to reach in regulation.

My favourite flaw is OLY #2, where the scorecard distances (at least from Legend tee) do not reach the green ;)

• Infinitebaffle
    26 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:50 AM

That is a very good explanation . So basically, best tactic is what callaghan159 said. Save notes for each hole if numbers are off. Thank you.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 9:58 AM

SamSpayed:
    ALWAYS make sure you place your aimer directly on the pin and look at the aimer box to confirm the exact distance

This is what I do. I find that, on many holes, the distance to the pin, when the aim box is moved to the pin, is different than what is listed. (distance from tee to pin).

As many courses, irl, measure the distance to center of green, and others measure to front of green, is it possible that WGT distances are to center?

RSS