Forums

Help › Forums

D A C Challenge

Mon, Jan 17 2022 8:45 AM (41 replies)
  • Slimjim001
    1,024 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:18 AM

Almost too much for my old brain but fun. Knowing that the most important part of my game is the approach and putt, I eliminated so as to be able to do well on those. I shot a 29.

#10  -4i  bird

#11  -8i  par

#12  -3i  bird

#13  -PW  bird

#14  -6i  bird

#15  -7i  bird

#16  -LW60  par

#17  -9i  bird

#18  -D  par

• KARTIKAYAN
    82 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 9:35 AM

It is one of the excellent idea to create a tournament and so much fun to play ,  I struggled though especially in last hole  and made 38 score

#10  -pw  (par)

#11  -wood  (par)

#12  -4i     (bogie)

#13   -6i   (par)

#14  -8i   (par)

#15 -3i    (par)

#16   SW wedge (100 yards)   (par)

#17  LW wedge (80 yards)  (par)

#18   5i  ( double bogie)

I love this idea , first time I played a tournament like this , done some serious mistake like dropping LW wedge (80 yards) one in 17 hole and and 5i iron in 18 hole  cause me  double bogie , but definitely it is fun tournament and love to play next time .

Thank you so much 

Kartik

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 8:26 AM

Congratulations to JBIII9 who won a sleeve of balls in the random drawing! A sleeve of the L47 TaylorMade balls you are playing have been sent and should be in your inventory.

Thank you all for playing!

Let's do this again. Same challenge... I don't want to run this until everyone is burned out. LOL So here's the deal... TWO MORE WEEKS, using the Wk 1 and Wk 2 9-Hole Unlimited tournament. Post your results here each week and each week I will do a random drawing for a sleeve of balls. I will also give a sleeve of balls to the player with the lowest total score for the two weeks.

RULES REMINDER...

BPeterson8256:

Drop A Club Challenge (DACC) Here is the challenge. Before each tee shot, you need to determine one club in your bag that you will not use for the rest of the round. There are 14 clubs in your bag. So before taking your first tee shot, you commit to not using 1 of them for the entire round. You repeat this on every hole adding 1 more club to the list of clubs you can't use for the rest of the round. (This is all done on the honor system) Doing this on every hole, by the time you are standing on the 9th tee, there will be 9 clubs you can not use to play that hole, and 5 clubs left that you can use. Post your results on this post. Be sure to include your final score, and the 9 clubs you eliminated in order.

RULES:

1- No restarts. This is single play (honor system)

2- Before every tee shot, note 1 more club you will not use for the rest of the round (honor system) (This means you will already choose and drop your first club before you play #1)

3- Post your results here. List your score and the clubs that you quit using in order.

4 - Course is Wk 1 9 Hole Unlimited Play. We will use this tournament so all WGT players can play and so players can play it again normal if they like. This week is at Olympic Club. 

Go low & Have fun

BP

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 9:49 AM

Sorry Brett , I can’t find a week 1 , at St. George’s , is it in event calendar, week 1 unlimited free to enter is at Olympic , as far as I can see ?

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 10:29 AM

bossbird:

Sorry Brett , I can’t find a week 1 , at St. George’s , is it in event calendar, week 1 unlimited free to enter is at Olympic , as far as I can see ?

Thanks for the catch... My bad. I changed the week but forgot to change the course. It is at Olympic this week. 

Wk 1 9-Hole Unlimited Play

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 11:33 AM

Once again this went better than expected for me. I shot a 29 which is good for me. I only had to chose from wrong clubs on both par 5s. It didn't cost me on 17, but on 16 I couldn't get the ball all the way to the hole on my approach and left myself a very long putt for bird which I missed. I definitely could have made better choices though.

10- 75Y wedge

11- 4i

12- 6i

13- 8i

14- 5i

15- 7i

16- pw

17- 9i

18- 3w

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 12:14 PM

This didn’t go too well for me , but then I don’t like Olympic with a full bag of clubs. One big mistake was ditching the 5 iron on hole 3 , went in bunker having made the choice onf a punch shot , which I rarely use. Still fun tho ! 

H1….60 degree wedge

H2…9 iron

H3…5 iron

H4…56 degree wedge

H5… 3 iron

H6…driver

H7…6 iron

H8…pw

H9… 4 iron

scored +1 with 37

good luck 

• AlaskanDame
    18,957 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 2:34 PM

BPeterson8256:

Once again this went better than expected for me. I shot a 29 which is good for me. I only had to chose from wrong clubs on both par 5s. It didn't cost me on 17, but on 16 I couldn't get the ball all the way to the hole on my approach and left myself a very long putt for bird which I missed. I definitely could have made better choices though.

10- 75Y wedge

11- 4i

12- 6i

13- 8i

14- 5i

15- 7i

16- pw

17- 9i

18- 3w

Brett?  On the 16th, you still had a 3i and a 3W and still couldn’t get on in 2?  What happened?

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 3:41 PM

AlaskanDame:

Brett?  On the 16th, you still had a 3i and a 3W and still couldn’t get on in 2?  What happened?

16 is never reachable in 2 from the long tees. My 3rd shot was into the wind from over 140. I got it on to the green with a 9 iron, but not all the way back to the hole. As a side note... This is the only par 5 in WGT that I have never made an eagle on. I trusted a long putt for bird attempt more than trying to guess how to get my 3i close from 140+.

• AlaskanDame
    18,957 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2022 3:54 PM

BPeterson8256:

AlaskanDame:

16 is never reachable in 2 from the long tees. My 3rd shot was into the wind from over 140. I got it on to the green with a 9 iron, but not all the way back to the hole. As a side note... This is the only par 5 in WGT that I have never made an eagle on. I trusted a long putt for bird attempt more than trying to guess how to get my 3i close from 140+.

Oh, that makes sense, thanks.  That must be the one that wraps around the trees.  One of my least birdied par 5’s and probably most bogeyed!  I just hadn’t pictured the hole. . . 

RSS