Forums

Help › Forums

Ability to select a specific hole for practice

Sun, Dec 19 2021 4:06 AM (5 replies)
  • HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 1:14 PM

For many reasons, whether to practice a specific shot, or read lines on the greens, or look for hidden eggs or signs, it would be nice to have the ability to be able to choose a specific hole as a single hole practice round.

This should not be too difficult. IMO, this would be a great addition to the 3-hole practice mode. Sometimes, players want to hit a few balls, to get used to the meter, before starting their first round of the day and do not want to play 3 holes or start and quit after 1.

In addition, in practice mode, there should not be a limit on how many shots can be taken. As an alternative, you can allow the player to select number of maximum strokes in practice rounds, similar to selecting number of timeouts

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 4:34 PM

Would be nice ifin said players were looking for signs and things havin fun and such , But others would take a different atvantage' to over play the option only help score better .

Delema was her name .

OPY

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 5:49 PM

opyeuclid:
    Would be nice ifin said players were looking for signs and things havin fun and such , But others would take a different atvantage' to over play the option only help score better .

So, is that a yes, you love the idea?

Delema was a hack.

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 6:01 PM

HamdenPro:

For many reasons, whether to practice a specific shot, or read lines on the greens, or look for hidden eggs or signs, it would be nice to have the ability to be able to choose a specific hole as a single hole practice round.

This should not be too difficult. IMO, this would be a great addition to the 3-hole practice mode. Sometimes, players want to hit a few balls, to get used to the meter, before starting their first round of the day and do not want to play 3 holes or start and quit after 1.

In addition, in practice mode, there should not be a limit on how many shots can be taken. As an alternative, you can allow the player to select number of maximum strokes in practice rounds, similar to selecting number of timeouts

I totally agree with you HP....

The single hole play function that was available on the flash version, was a great way to hone in on any troublesome holes that one may want to conquer!  To have the ability to hit more than the currently allocated practice shots per hole, would be an awesome addition to this version!

I personally feel that the loss of 2 hits on your ball for wanting to practice a shot is a wee bit rude!  I would like to see a range ball introduced that could only be used whilst in a practice round. This range ball could be a ghosted copy of your original ball using the same specs & you could increase the durability of the ball as it would only be available for use in practice mode....Get rid of the 2 shot mulligan scam!

I'm also bewildered as to why there is no Champ green speed on the practice putting green...

Cheers,

Waz.

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 6:29 PM

Tiewaz:
    I totally agree with you HP..

I only repeated what you said because I like the way it sounds.  Now,, EVERYONE REPEAT AFTER ME......

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 4:06 AM

HamdenPro:
    it would be nice to have the ability to be able to choose a specific hole as a single hole practice round.
    Simple:

Take a time travel back a year (or more) - the Flash version included that option, with limitations.

There was a tab introducing all courses, and you could jump to any hole and play it, but only from one (forward) tee.

Since they omitted it in favour of the "three random holes practice", my standard statement may apply for any thought to revive it:

"They are WGT, hope is futile!"

HamdenPro:
    That sounds awesome but it's contrary to

WGT Law §1: "The Player Shalt Not Have A Choice!"

RSS