Forums

Help › Forums

*ANNOUNCEMENT* Samsung Galaxy Store Support Ending

Wed, Dec 22 2021 10:48 PM (4 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2021 8:55 AM

Hi everyone, 

Wanted to let you know that as of January 15, 2022, WGT will no longer be available in the Samsung Galaxy Store. This is because Unity's distribution platform (UDP), which made WGT available in some digital storefronts, will no longer support the Samsung Galaxy Store as noted in their December 1st announcement. You can read the official announcement from Unity here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/samsung-galaxy-store-leaves-udp.1205710/ 

As a result, WGT will no longer support the app on the Samsung Galaxy Store, meaning we'll be stopping all purchases as soon as possible and will no longer issue updates. 

If you are a player who downloaded the game from the Samsung Galaxy Store, you can still continue playing with your same account. You will just need to remove your current version from your device and then download the game from the Google Play Store instead. You can download WGT on from the Google Play store by opening the Play Store app on your device and searching WGT or by using this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wgt.android.golf&hl=en_US&gl=US 

Of course, if you have to re-download the game you can sign in with your existing username and password to continue playing without losing any progress. 

To be clear, this does not affect users who play the game on Samsung devices, only users who downloaded WGT from the Galaxy Store on their Samsung device. 

If for any reason you are unable to download the game from the Google Play store, the game is also available on PC and Steam on both Windows and MacOS. If you have other smart devices, WGT is available on Android, iOS and Amazon.  

TLDR: 

• WGT will be discontinuing support for the Samsung Galaxy Store on January 15
    • WGT will no longer accept purchases from the Samsung Galaxy Store, effective immediately
    • Affected players in most regions can download the game from the Google Play store to continue playing with their same account

If you have any questions about this change please comment on this thread, and if you have any issues continuing after downloading from the Google Play store, please contact support here: https://m.wgt.com/help/request?ref=wgt 

Thanks, 

_CHAMPION

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2021 8:01 PM

Not to sound grumpy, but what Unity platform?

As I remember, that was supposed to allow us to play with WGT members across platforms.  That doesn't work even as of this evening.

Tom.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2021 9:33 PM

jacktrade51:

Not to sound grumpy, but what Unity platform?

As I remember, that was supposed to allow us to play with WGT members across platforms.  That doesn't work even as of this evening.

Tom.

UDP doesn't have any impact on who you can play with [as a non-UDP player]. UDP allowed us to put the game on the Samsung Galaxy Store. 

_CHAMPION 

• jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2021 7:26 PM

So 2 questions for us technologically challenged.

1.  Does that mean I can no longer play WGT on my Samsung Android phone?  (I am strictly a PC player but I have used the phone to keep the daily playing streak alive.)

2.  Unity was supposed to unite the platforms.  Are you saying WGT has not figure out how we can play cross-platform?

BONUS question:  Where are you on uneven lies?  That was supposed to be solved with Unity platform.

Tom.

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2021 10:48 PM

jacktrade51:

So 2 questions for us technologically challenged.

1.  Does that mean I can no longer play WGT on my Samsung Android phone?  (I am strictly a PC player but I have used the phone to keep the daily playing streak alive.)

"To be clear, this does not affect users who play the game on Samsung devices, only users who downloaded WGT from the Galaxy Store on their Samsung device. "

RSS